Games run slowmo even with decent computer
I have 4 gigs of ram, A Nvidia 8800 GTS 512 MB, A 3.0 Dual core 6000+ Processor, and I'm on Windows Vista 32bit. I finally figured out how to get the games working, But some of them are very slow. Such as Shadow of the Colossus. I'm getting like 55 fps and I didn't set any settings maximum, But it's running quite slow. I'm sure my computer at least meets the requirements of this program. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks a lot. = )
I take back the frame comment. It goes up to 55 FPS, But it dips down to 20 in game. But isn't my video card decent enough to support it?

Sponsored links

55 fps is near full speed.

Moreover, Shadow of the colossus is one of the most demanding games. Thus, you simply get very good results for this game.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-28-2009, 08:21 PM)jesalvein Wrote: 55 fps is near full speed.

Moreover, Shadow of the colossus is one of the most demanding games. Thus, you simply get very good results for this game.

Fair enough. Thanks, Friend. = )
Well,there is also this option..You turned on all the speed hacks with 0.9.6 (but i'll bet you are using beta 1474) and with all those speed hacks on,and vu cycle stealing,it shows that it's at 55fps,but the game isn't fluid,and doesn't look like max speed,am I right???
(07-30-2009, 02:54 AM)korisnik2007a Wrote: Well,there is also this option..You turned on all the speed hacks with 0.9.6 (but i'll bet you are using beta 1474) and with all those speed hacks on,and vu cycle stealing,it shows that it's at 55fps,but the game isn't fluid,and doesn't look like max speed,am I right???

Didn't use any speedhacks. Not even sure where to find those. Haha. I just loaded the game, Tried to play and noticed the music and everything else was moving slowly. Blah.
something is wrong then...Where do you get 55fps...try the game in windowed mode all the time...How big is the FPS in the menus,and how big in the game itself??
55fps is near full speed as far as you did not use too many hacks/max options in there example vucycle stealing in option to maximal.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.