Games running slowly, and hitting a fork in the PS2 Start-up Screen
Nothing you won't be able to figure out. Point, click and create the image. That's all there is to it, really.

Sponsored links

(06-20-2009, 06:32 PM)jonXjon Wrote:
(06-20-2009, 06:29 PM)Bositman Wrote: Break the disc? How can a program break a disc??? 0_o
Make an ISO,it will give you a speed boost. And no, don't mount the ISO it will cause crashes,instead simply run it directly with Linuz ISO plugin
Also use the latest beta PCSX2 and beta plugins for some extra speed.
And speed hacks (which at worse will crash the emulation,so then you can start turning them one by one off to see which cause it and leave those off)

I've heard that speedhacks can do something bad to discs. So I'll just make an ISO. Where can I download a free reliable program to do this? So I can have an ISO and still be able to play the disc on my PS2. And how much of a speed boost are we talking about using an ISO instead?

Speed hacks do not break discs. They do not touch your hardware at all, speed hacks in terms of pcsx2 is just code or implementations that alter the way the ps2 emulation works which sometimes results in speed increases and stuff, of course I can't explain it as well as a developer can, but anyways its all software side.

Anyways, a few programs like MagicIso, PowerIso and Alcohol 120% work great.

I myself have mounted isos and ran them just fine, but nowadays i use linuz iso program just because its less of a hassle.
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.
(06-20-2009, 08:55 PM)Ryongster Wrote: Nothing you won't be able to figure out. Point, click and create the image. That's all there is to it, really.

Ok, thank you. And I searched MagicISO and it came up to a site where the program cost money Wacko And about what size would you say a PS2 ISO is? And what does "Mounting" an ISO mean?

Edit: And is the ISO one complete file? That's it? Cause I've download torrents for ISOs and there were 10 files. So it'll be ONE .iso file?
Just download the trial version of Alcohol 120%, that's the best imo.

Mounting means you insert the .iso file into a virtual disc drive, and it treats the iso file like an actual DVD.

And yes, you will get one .iso file.

The iso will be the same size as the game itself, it can be anything from 2 gigs to 6 gigs.
(06-20-2009, 10:29 PM)Ryongster Wrote: Just download the trial version of Alcohol 120%, that's the best imo.

Mounting means you insert the .iso file into a virtual disc drive, and it treats the iso file like an actual DVD.

And yes, you will get one .iso file.

So, is there really a point in mounting?
Um, you can't play the game unless you mount it. Simple as that.

I mean, you don't play games on your PS2 without inserting the game disc first, right? Same thing with isos, only in virtual form. And iso is generally easier to read, so the game will be somewhat faster.
(06-20-2009, 10:32 PM)Ryongster Wrote: Um, you can't play the game unless you mount it. Simple as that.

I mean, you don't play games on your PS2 without inserting the game disc first, right? Same thing with isos, only in virtual form.

What about Linuz ISO Plugin? Oh, and when I put my disc into my computer go to PCSX2 click File=>Run CD/DVD it starts up shows the PS2 Startup and it says "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 Format Disc" Why does this happen? And would you recommend Speedhacks?
Linuz ISO plugin acts like any other mount program but more stable with PC2SX, apparently.

The reason you are getting the error is probably because you haven't specified the right DVD drive. Go into configure options and change the drive to your DVD drive (D, E, F or whatever)

And yes, generally you need somekind of speed hack when using the emulator. I'm using 1.5x speed
(06-20-2009, 10:43 PM)Ryongster Wrote: Linuz ISO plugin acts like any other mount program but more stable with PC2SX, apparently.

The reason you are getting the error is probably because you haven't specified the right DVD drive. Go into configure options and change the drive to your DVD drive (D, E, F or whatever)
Ok thanks. I'm gonna see if it works right now. Regardless of FPS. And has there been a pattern of emulation getting faster with every version? Cause in the future I'm getting Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ And I wanna be able to play/beat it. And I don't wanna do Swap Magic so, I NEED good FPS. And it's NTSC-J so I'd need 60fps right?
The only real way you are getting better FPS is by updating your computer with better CPU and graphics card. Sure, the games are more stable with newer versions and there are less bugs and glitches but they still use a lot of resources from your computer.