Games that are playable and fast?
I'm wondering if there any games that play exceptionally well. I've tried out GoW and Metal Gear Solid 2, and both suffer from significant slowdown.

Final Fantasy X-2 on the other hand, even at 1080p, played pretty well. It's also the nature of RPG games to not rely on speed/fps as much as action games.

Just looking for some good recommendations, I heard FFX plays very well, and believe it.

My system is high end, but not the best. It seems the new sandy bridge intels are the best by far. I've got a 3.4ghz phenom x3 720 and hd 5850.

thanks!

Sponsored links

its the processor. its weak for pcsx2 because it is amd (pcsx2 and dolphin favours intel)

oc it to 4 ghz to get playable speeds on god of war and games that play good are mostly jrpg's.
wow so higher end intel cpus can handle those games well?

ive gotta admit im way impressed with this software =)

I thought fast/accurate ps2 emulation was years away

my cpu is already oc'd btw. stock is 2.8ghz =(
(01-27-2011, 09:17 PM)warWeeny Wrote: its the processor. its weak for pcsx2 because it is amd (pcsx2 and dolphin favours intel)

Uh... that's not exactly the reason why it's weak.

Phenom is a weaker architecture than Phenom II one, Phenom II and Intel Core 2 are about the same for PCSX2 (think Core 2 is about 5-7% faster) and this is the way it was until Intel released core i3/i5/i7 which then took a lead on performance again and AMD hasn't released anything faster yet.

Both Phenom II or Core 2 can get great speeds in PCSX2 if overclocked enough. GoW and Metal Gear Solid games are just plenty demanding.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I'm sorry for not being clearer, it IS a phenom II. Phenom II X3 720 overclocked at 3.4Ghz.

From what I understand though the i5/i7, especially the sandy bridge ones, are faster by a large margin (as they are with just about anything). They just crush the competition lol. I wish my cpu could handle GoW and MGS though, as those as well as the final fantasy's are probably what I'll play the most =p
Should be able to handle GoW with some speedhacks then.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks, I'll try that! I'm just going to "enable speedhacks" and see what that does =p
Unfortunately the speedhacks don't help, at least on default settings. Just cause a bunch of audio glitches.
GoW can manage full speed on my 2.2 with some patience and testing. so take some time, play with speedhacks and I KNOW you'll get the full 60 fps on it
(01-28-2011, 11:36 PM)Saiki Wrote: GoW can manage full speed on my 2.2 with some patience and testing. so take some time, play with speedhacks and I KNOW you'll get the full 60 fps on it

Could you post screens of what works for you in GoW?

Using the default settings I don't notice much of an improvement, but a substantial amount of audio glitches.

I will play around with it some more but have no idea what I'm doing =p

thanks!