Games that have performace issues.
Hi guys, after playing around with a few games here's a short list of games that I have seen that have performance issues.

The Matrix Path of Neo:  Had to press f9 to make the graphics glitches stop and fps drops significantly on the 3 stage training level.
DOA 2 Hardcore:  Some slowdown before matches not game breaking but no sound.
ZOE The Second Runner:  After making to the first boss fight it becomes very hard to beat her, slowdown makes it impossible 45fps.
Wipeout Fusion:  Has lots of slowdown during races, especially first level when going up ramps and racing through the dirt which creates dirt clouds.
Amplitude:  Slowdown not often but with this rhythm game it's hard to beat some songs gets choppy when lots of lighting effects are on screen.

I'll post more games as I go along.  Just a little FYI, I love this emulator and it works well when it does work properly.  Best EMU I've used so far thanks for the gift to the gaming world Devs.

Core i7 5820k, 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz, 2 x Titan X SLI.

Sponsored links

This is all completely pointless if you don't post your specs man.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-02-2016, 09:39 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: This is all completely pointless if you don't post your specs man.

Sorry I made an edit above.
(04-02-2016, 09:38 PM)PCGaming247 Wrote: The Matrix Path of Neo:  Had to press f9 to make the graphics glitches stop and fps drops significantly on the 3 stage training level.

Did you set the extra rendering threads to 3?
(04-03-2016, 03:57 AM)Akio Wrote: Did you set the extra rendering threads to 3?

No I did not.  That would help I suppose?
For sw rendering (F9) it will make a huge difference.
ZoE.. I don't think that can run at full speed anyway.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

Kind of surprised that no one has mentioned this already, but the latest versions of PCSX2 will lag in software mode on Skylake CPUs due to an incompatibility with VS2015. Make sure that your BIOS and Windows installation are up to date, as a fix was supposed to have been released. Also, make sure that SLI is not enabled while you are running PCSX2. You may need to create a separate profile for it in the Nvidia control panel.

Not sure if this is still a thing, but if you want to eek out an extra frame or two you can try disabling hyerthreading.

As has been said, there are sections of ZOE that will not run at full speed regardless of hardware. Wipeout is also very demanding, your computer should be able to handle it IIRC.
(04-07-2016, 12:19 AM)Alakazander Wrote: Kind of surprised that no one has mentioned this already, but the latest versions of PCSX2 will lag in software mode on Skylake CPUs due to an incompatibility with VS2015.

That will probably only happen if you use the AVX versions of GSDX, it should be fine in SSE4 or below
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-07-2016, 12:36 AM)refraction Wrote: That will probably only happen if you use the AVX versions of GSDX, it should be fine in SSE4 or below

No I think I spread that rumor - or it was gregory on github. This seems only to be valid for prime95. In pcsx2 all instructions sets seem to perform equally bad.

However so far the problem only occurred for i7-6700 and i7-6700K and not for other cpu's if I didn't miss anything. At least on Haswell I wouldn't expect the issue.