Games with great compatibility
Hey, you guys are doing great work here, a good deed for gaming.

You guys have an extensive compatibility list, but I really want to play the games that run almost perfect and avoid the ones that have imperfections that cause mass slowness. What games can you guys recommend that work almost-perfect with the emulator? I'd really appreciate it. I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 2 right now and it seems to be playing good. I'm especially into RPGs and good shooters but any top games will do.

I'm running a decent high end machine.

AMD Phenom 9850
4GB DDR2 800
Geforce 8800 (512 MB)
Windows Vista

The speedhack - does it just increase the speed of the game? Will 3x make the game run 3x faster? Are the checkbox ones worth trying out?

Thanks for the help.
-Jim

Sponsored links

Several of the "mainstream" games run exceptionally well:

Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII

Are three that I own and they work damn near flawlessly. (Final Fantasy in HD? HELLZ YES!)

I've also heard that Kingdom Hearts 2 runs great as well.

From what I understand, speedhacks tell the emulator to skip over some less important calculations in order to get the game running at the right speed. This results in a loss of accuracy and will tend to cause graphical glitches.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Along with graphical glitches, speed hacks tend to make the sound, usually characters speaking, go out of sync and apparently a lot of sounds can get choppy and whatnot.
all of these were done on assorted revisions, but in general the higher revisions were better. if it doesnt play on the latest, it probably won't on the earlier ones.

gsdx graphics plugin and peops audio plugin

games that play from start to finish:
La Pucelle Tactics played through the entire game without a single crash.
Stella Deus : no crashes. minor graphic glitches but nothing major
Suikoden 4: is a terrible game that runs slow, but otherwise crash free.
Soul Nomad : crash free

Games I've played with no crashes thus far but haven't beaten:
suikoden 3
suikoden 5 has a special patch to be applied to skip a certain fmv
.hack series up to part 3
grandia 2
shining force neo
shining tears
final fantasy x

games with major issues and/or game stopping crashes:
eternal poison doesnt even get to the new game screen
ar tonelico 2 drove me batshit insane crashing All the time.
growlanser 3 crashes upon attempting entrance to the first town
wild arms 3 doesnt like normal saving.
street fighter ex 3 has a tendency to crash at battle end
(05-15-2009, 07:40 AM)Selius Wrote: Games I've played with no crashes thus far but haven't beaten:

Is that .hack// or .hack//GU? Because the compatibility lists the .hack// series as "nothing". I'll definitely think about getting the games if they work! And sorry if I'm hijacking the thread or whatever...
Thanks man, I'll try them out.

If anyone knows some decent co-op games it'd be really helpful as well, especially shooters.
games i've beaten without any issues :
shadow of colossus
tekken 4
marvel vs capcom 2
(05-15-2009, 08:29 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote:
(05-15-2009, 07:40 AM)Selius Wrote: Games I've played with no crashes thus far but haven't beaten:

Is that .hack// or .hack//GU? Because the compatibility lists the .hack// series as "nothing". I'll definitely think about getting the games if they work! And sorry if I'm hijacking the thread or whatever...

the first 3. .hack

not GU
(05-15-2009, 08:29 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote: Is that .hack// or .hack//GU? Because the compatibility lists the .hack// series as "nothing". I'll definitely think about getting the games if they work! And sorry if I'm hijacking the thread or whatever...

.hack// works 100% fine
.hcak//G.U. I only got up to disc 2, but it was fine as well
Awesome, seems to have been updated to "Ingame". I'll definitely consider buying them, I played the first one ages ago and loved it. Only problem is it's hard to find..