Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generic "Can I run this emulator" thread
Don't know how often these are, but I'm just curious if I can play some games at decent speeds. Namely God Hand, Persona 4, Viewtiful Joe 1/2

My system is as follows:

Windows Vista 64bit
CPU: Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.50 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9800GT

It's mainly the CPU that I worry about, but I'm just curious if my games will be playable without needing to overclock or do anything special...

Sponsored links

My sistem is pretty close to your spec:
E5200 @ 3.1 GHz
Radeon HD4830

Don't know about God Hand or Viewtiful Joe, but my system run Persona 4 fairly well. Most of the scene are full speed(100+FPS without the FPS Limit). In some place where there's lot of character, I got about 50FPS. Overclocking gave me 10+ FPS on those 'heavy' place. So yeah, the game is quite playable at 40FPS with your system without overclocking
The bigger games like Kingdom Hearts, FFX, and FFXII should run pretty well (nearly full speed). They are the most compatible. Not sure about the other two, but FFXII uses the GPU more than other games to take some of the burden off the CPU.

Others will post here about games they played well on similar systems. The other thing is the E5200 is a pretty good overclocker, so look into that if you feel comfortable.
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.