Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get PCSX2 to run faster?
Question 
How do I make PCSX2 run faster? I already have speed hacks on, and still only get close to 30fps. It's somewhat playable, but I would like it to run faster.

P.S. I will not modify/upgrade my computer.Tongue

Sponsored links

(05-27-2009, 06:35 PM)Techjar Wrote: How do I make PCSX2 run faster? I already have speed hacks on, and still only get close to 30fps. It's somewhat playable, but I would like it to run faster.

Build yourself the latest PCSX2 beta and make sure you have the latest plugins. Try various combination of speedhacks to find the best settings for your particular game.

Other than that, upgrading hardware is really the only suitable option. Speedhacks only go so far. There is no magic setting to automatically get full-speed, just pray to the emulation gods that your hardware is good enough.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(05-27-2009, 06:45 PM)echosierra Wrote:
(05-27-2009, 06:35 PM)Techjar Wrote: How do I make PCSX2 run faster? I already have speed hacks on, and still only get close to 30fps. It's somewhat playable, but I would like it to run faster.

Build yourself the latest PCSX2 beta and make sure you have the latest plugins. Try various combination of speedhacks to find the best settings for your particular game.

Other than that, upgrading hardware is really the only suitable option. Speedhacks only go so far. There is no magic setting to automatically get full-speed, just pray to the emulation gods that your hardware is good enough.

What do you mean "build" it?Huh
The compile guide found here walks you through compiling the bleeding-edge PCSX2 build. This is pretty much guaranteed the latest version available to the public. As such, it happens to be the fastest for a majority of games. It also breaks many games, and there is no official support for self-compiled versions on the forum.

Compiling your own build is rather involved and confusing, but there really is no other option if you want the latest stuff. Visual Studio itself is a ~4GB download, so if you're not comfortable compiling your own (and losing support) sticking with the official builds isn't a bad option.

The latest GSDX build is available in it's respective thread, no compiling required.

e: Forgot to answer your question. 'Build' and 'compile' are basically interchangeable with regards to software development. The differences aren't important to you or anyone else who isn't a developer.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
I write PHP, not C++... so I won't bother with building my own.Tongue

Maybe I'll download a different build...Smile
I didn't think you needed to code? Just recompile?
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
What is the latest version of PCSX2 available for download?
How about the links for the BIOS files.
And how about the plugins where could I download the files in this site?

(05-29-2009, 09:11 PM)ashgray2 Wrote: What is the latest version of PCSX2 available for download?
How about the links for the BIOS files.
And how about the plugins where could I download the files in this site?

The main PCSX2 site has the latest release version of the emulator.
There is a thread in the General Discussion forum that has a link to the latest official beta and plugins.
You must dump the BIOS from your OWN PS2. Don't ever ask for BIOS here, or you could very well be banned from these forums. Distributing BIOS is illegal and Sony can and probably will sue the crap out of the mods.
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
While I can't give you a direct link to the BIOS, I CAN tell you to look on Google (on how to dump your own BIOS).Wink

I do not provoke just downloading the BIOS.Tongue
Prepare to be banned.

The only way you are allowed to have a BIOS is if you grab it from your OWN PS2.
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.