Getting PCSX2 to utilize radeon 6250
I apologize if this has been answered already, but I could not find it though I searched the forums extensively.

Computer Specs:

Acer 722 Aspire One

Bobcat c-60, dual core fury 1Ghz - turbo 1.333

ATI Radeon 6250 1 Ghz

Ram; 4 Gig 1333 Ghz

Windows 7 home premium

Direct X 11

--------------------------------

I am possibly having a problem getting PCSX2 to utilize my Radeon HD 6250 and I believe it continues to use my integrated graphics processor. I have tried setting it to use both the Direct X 9 and 11 hardware settings and it is still lagging like crazy on Final Fantasy 12 ISO. I play Fallout New Vegas (PC) ISO with all the add ons enabled and have absolutely no problems. I can't see why it can't handle FF12 unless it is not recognizing my Radeon hardware. All my Direct X utilities are up to date. I know my C-60 is considered slow, but my Radeon isn't. Anyone have any answers, please?

Sponsored links

Sorry to break this to you but even if it wasn't using the Radeon, using it would still leave you both GPU and CPU limited. The best you can do is enable speed hacks to try and eek out a few more fps.
There is no amount of speed hacks that can make that weak processor run any games anywhere near full speed. In other words, forget it. That netbook/notebook is not made for gaming.
(09-08-2012, 09:56 PM)Starscream Wrote: There is no amount of speed hacks that can make that weak processor run any games anywhere near full speed. In other words, forget it.

Like I said, I run fallout New Vegas, almost full bore on graphics with no problems or lag, so it can obviously handle some pretty heavy games. I'm about ready to see if it can do Skyrim, and I 'm betting it will. Don't underestimate a small cpu if the graphics card is good.

All i want to know is if PCSX2 is utilizing my Graphics card and if not how to fix it. Thank you for your response.
(09-08-2012, 10:02 PM)Mafugma Wrote: Like I said, I run fallout New Vegas, almost full bore on graphics with no problems or lag, so it can obviously handle some pretty heavy games. I'm about ready to see if it can do Skyrim, and I 'm betting it will. Don't underestimate a small cpu if the graphics card is good.

All i want to know is if PCSX2 is utilizing my Graphics card and if not how to fix it. Thank you for your response.

you are a fool.
emulation is way more demanding then any pc game out there if you want to play it on ''max'' settings (yes even crysis with superspecial awsome mods woul be lighter to play)
your laptop is weak for emulation deal with it and no it cant run skyrim lol, maybe on lowest/medium on 1024 x 768 settings but thats it.... if your lucky lol

deal with it and play on your ps2 instead.
First: The Radeon 6250 is integrated, bundled with the CPU. AMD calls such bundle an APU. You have no dedicated video card to use.

Second: The C series is the slowest APU, and the integrated GPU bundled with it is slowest as well.

Third: Final Fantasy XII requires a quad-core AMD CPU @ 2.0 Ghz (for MTVU) and a Radeon 6470M to run at full speed, native res. If you want 2x native, you need a 6630M or equivalent.

Final word: There is no way to run FFXII at enjoyable speed on your netbook.
surely pcsx2 does, but it's quite weak for most games.
and please stop comparing native pc games to emulated ps2 games, it's a complete nonsense and tends to be ridiculous
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-08-2012, 10:02 PM)Mafugma Wrote: Like I said, I run fallout New Vegas, almost full bore on graphics with no problems or lag, so it can obviously handle some pretty heavy games. I'm about ready to see if it can do Skyrim, and I 'm betting it will. Don't underestimate a small cpu if the graphics card is good.

Do you know what you're talking about? Your GPU is horrible. Your processor is horrible. Don't take it as an insult, it's just a fact. You can't tell me that you're able to run Fallout New Vegas at full speed at high graphics settings, because it's just not possible with that hardware. Period. Emulated games are much more demanding than a PC game, don't compare the two.
(09-08-2012, 10:10 PM)jesalvein Wrote: surely pcsx2 does, but it's quite weak for most games.
and please stop comparing native pc games to emulated ps2 games, it's a complete nonsense and tends to be ridiculous

Did not know, new to EMU's. I didn't expect to get flamed, I was just looking for some tech support, not to get ridiculed. Thanks for the response. Maybe everybody should cut the Newbs a little slack, everybody was one once. I know better now. I have a far more powerful desktop, I7, Crossfire, 16Gig. I was just trying to get it work on my mobile. Again, thanks no need for any further responses.
keep in mind pcsx2 won't take any advantage of Xfir tech.
but yeah, it should definitely be better, since FFXII is not so demanding among all PS2 games.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go