Getting PCSX2 to work: help needed
Hello everybody,

I got a new PC and I would like to use it to play classic games from consoles I have not had the chance of playing in the past.
These are my specs (please notice PCSX2 is installed in a SSD disk, whereas the games are in a toshiba external disk):

• Motherboard: Intel HM86

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.60Ghz, 64bit operating system, x64 based processor

• Memory: 12GB RAM

• DirectX Version: DX11

• Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M
For that I got PCSX2 1.2.1 and followed many, many different options, but none seem to make much of a difference. It is sad because I can get most of the GC, PSX and PSP games to roll fine, but the ones I was looking forward to play the most are for PS2... Unfortunately, the vas majority runs with hiccups and I cannot do much... FFX goes ok, but not very fluid. Other like DBZ Tenkaichi 3, Destroy All Humans 3, Tekken 5, SoulCalibur3 and Shadow of the Colossus are nigh unbearable. 

Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance and all hail the community

Sponsored links

Care to post screenshots of all your settings ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I would say loading games from an external drive is not the best idea. Try to put one of your games onto your ssd to check if hiccups persists.
(09-10-2015, 06:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Care to post screenshots of all your settings ?

naturally! Smile

(09-10-2015, 10:26 PM)willkuer Wrote: I would say loading games from an external drive is not the best idea. Try to put one of your games onto your ssd to check if hiccups persists.

you might be right. I had that idea concerning the external disk, but when I tried putting the game on "the pc" itself, I thing I did not put in on the SSD disk.
will try it soon,  thanks for the clever suggestion!
You're welcome. And unless you can actually prove you own at least 8 ps2s, have a warning for piracy.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go