Getting discs read.
So i've never been able to get discs to read for emulators before and im new to using discs instead of iso's so I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I pop in a PS2 disc into my blu-ray drive and I load up the emu but its saying there's no disc in the drive.
Intel I7 920 2.66GHz
12 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 260

Sponsored links

Not sure why you want to run them from a disc and not make an ISO of your disc, also no idea what pcsx2 version you are trying to do this with, but il assume r4600. Go to plugins (Pcsx2 > Config > Plugins/Bios Selector > you should get a list of all your plugins, go to cdvd, click configure (use cdvdolio or cdvdgigahertz and set it to your disc drive D: (probably) in dropdown menu) Then in pcsx2 go to CDVD and choose Plugin.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: MSI Twin FRozr GTX560Ti
MOBO: MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 Intel Z68
Yeah im using r4600. and i've done that except when I go to select the drive letter the only thing in there is "@(no disc)" using cdvdgigaherz
Intel I7 920 2.66GHz
12 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 260
hmm i wonder if bluray drives do something different in windows to normal DVD type drives... do you have PeoPS CDVD in the list of plugins? you could try that.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Is your Disc Drive working when you put normal discs in it?
Ah refraction beat me to my next train of thought!
I didnt, and I went and downloaded it and threw it into the plugins folder and it's not showing up

aha disc drives not working for some reason time to open the case and make sure I reconnected everything last night when I was rebuilding it lol.

and I forgot to attach the sata wire to the disc drive....well now that i've made a COMPLETE ass out of myself maybe I can get this to work.
Intel I7 920 2.66GHz
12 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 260
Hehe, never mind, happens to the best of us!
Working now. Smile now I can see if they emulator will work for me. I just tried with an iso and was gfetting some weird issues so we'll see if the disc works better.
Intel I7 920 2.66GHz
12 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 260
It shouldn't, pcsx2 generally runs better from ISOs than the disc drive
Unless its a game that specifically recommended that
Well the issue I was having was on an ISO of ratchet and clank up your arsenal. the cutscenes were working fine, but as soon as it got to the gameplay it was all glitchy and slowed down. FFX is working well from the disc.
Intel I7 920 2.66GHz
12 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 260