Getting discs read.
Ratchet and Clank is a game I have never played, not sure about the specific settings for it, but I am sure I have seen a number of threads on it, I am sure some searching will help you out (assuming u have recently built a PC so your hardware is up to scratch), and FFX would run well Disc or ISO, the default pcsx2 settings are designed to work with FFX. Plus it is not very demanding.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: MSI Twin FRozr GTX560Ti
MOBO: MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 Intel Z68

Sponsored links

rachet and clank requires software mode (F9) to make it look right. To claw some of the speed back you will need to put the speed hack sliders up a notch each and tick the recommended boxes (possibly MTVU too if you have a quad core).
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-11-2012, 05:46 PM)refraction Wrote: rachet and clank requires software mode (F9) to make it look right. To claw some of the speed back you will need to put the speed hack sliders up a notch each and tick the recommended boxes (possibly MTVU too if you have a quad core).

I have an I7 920 so rendering in software shouldn't be an issue
Intel I7 920 2.66GHz
12 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 260
But use an ISO, it is for the most part faster (disc drive speed doesn't come into the equation) although appreciate the annoyance of having all your PS2 discs taking up harddrive space as ISOs!
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: MSI Twin FRozr GTX560Ti
MOBO: MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 Intel Z68
(05-11-2012, 05:48 PM)dravenkai Wrote: I have an I7 920 so rendering in software shouldn't be an issue

It will not be enough for ratchet and clank unless you OC it to like 3,8 Ghz...this isn't PC gaming it's PS2 emulation the requirements especially in buggy titles are enormous.
[Image: newsig.jpg]