Getting low fps on good gaming PC
(05-20-2013, 12:16 AM)mattx019 Wrote: Just checked my Cpu usage for Pcx2 and its about 16% when FFX is playing and im still getting 40 fps, does anyone know anyway to make pcx2 utilize more cpu power, btw my power setting is on high.

Did you download it again and reinstalled as suggested? may not solve the problem but is a worthy attempt before trying to understand what is wrong. I assume everything else is running OK?
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(05-20-2013, 12:18 AM)refraction Wrote: is PCSX2 only using 16% or do you mean your cpu as a whole is only using 16%?
no my cpu fully is using 21% and pcx2 is using 16%.

(05-20-2013, 12:22 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Did you download it again and reinstalled as suggested? may not solve the problem but is a worthy attempt before trying to understand what is wrong. I assume everything else is running OK?
yes i deleted all plugins and everything and started everything on default.
I tried going to native resolution but its the same thing 40fps. I think pcx2 is just not using my cpu full capabilities.
Quick question, When i change setting on Pcx2 do i need to restart program for those changes to take effect?
(05-20-2013, 12:32 AM)mattx019 Wrote: Quick question, When i change setting on Pcx2 do i need to restart program for those changes to take effect?

If you did things right it would run the first config wizzard.

But you are not listening, the recommendation is to download PCSX2 again and install it from scratch, after making sure to have removed everything related to it least the BIOS, saves and memcards. This issue you reported is too weird, best is granting a clean install (from another installer or build) to begin with.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-20-2013, 12:39 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: If you did things right it would run the first config wizzard.

But you are not listening, the recommendation is to download PCSX2 again and install it from scratch, after making sure to have removed everything related to it least the BIOS, saves and memcards. This issue you reported is too weird, best is granting a clean install (from another installer or build) to begin with.

I did Uninstall the program removing everything except the bios and still getting this problem.
Thank everyone for your help, I got it too work by using the constant Skipping and changing the frames to 1 to both draw and skip and the game is now running at a constant 60 fps. I dont know if this was the right way of getting it to work but ill play with this setting since it those not look laggy.Biggrin
You are going ot break things doing it that way. DO you have software or hardware selevted in GSDX and please make sure you have DX11 selected and not 9
(05-20-2013, 01:01 AM)Topken Wrote: You are going ot break things doing it that way. DO you have software or hardware selevted in GSDX and please make sure you have DX11 selected and not 9
I have Direct3D11 ( hardware) selected.
Try changing it to D11 software and at the bottom changing extra rendering threads to 3 and seeing if that helps with the speed I am wondering if its not kicking the gtx660 into gear
(05-20-2013, 01:17 AM)Topken Wrote: Try changing it to D11 software and at the bottom changing extra rendering threads to 3 and seeing if that helps with the speed I am wondering if its not kicking the gtx660 into gear
Tried and still the same, 40fps.