Getting low fps on good gaming PC
Have you tried removing it from program files and running from a folder such as C:\Games (or better yet, a separate partition) as suggested earlier?
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming

Sponsored links

(05-20-2013, 04:30 AM)Topken Wrote: Ok turbo is kicking in and yet its still not being allowed to fully utilize the CPU. All I can say is chock it up to a Microsoft fail in this case. Since you are running windows 8 I can not really help as I have not mucked around in its settings and I have not herd of much other then it sucks so I can not say if microsoft has put stricter restrictions on certain folders or what.

I'm on Win8 (pro x64), and PCSX2 in is admin mode in program files, no issues at all
(05-20-2013, 05:03 AM)Dante3hs Wrote: Have you tried removing it from program files and running from a folder such as C:\Games (or better yet, a separate partition) as suggested earlier?
Just tried that and no luck.
The only thing not clearly stated in this whole 5 pages, did you try installing a fresh copy from a new download?

All you said was you tried reinstalling but from this I can only assume you tried the same thing what "could" be the problem.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Also delete all the pcsx2 ini files.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-20-2013, 02:11 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The only thing not clearly stated in this whole 5 pages, did you try installing a fresh copy from a new download?

All you said was you tried reinstalling but from this I can only assume you tried the same thing what "could" be the problem.
yes I download another version of 1.0.0, and I also tried to install version 0.9.8 and still getting the same issue of 40fps.
Just tried another Emulater called Dolphin for the GameCube and its working fine at a constant 60fps. So I dont know what is going on with Pcx2.
(05-20-2013, 03:09 PM)mattx019 Wrote: Just tried another Emulater called Dolphin for the GameCube and its working fine at a constant 60fps. So I dont know what is going on with Pcx2.

dolphin, a wii emulator is based off of PC hardware
have you tried the zerogs plugin? i wonder if the problem resides with gsdx or something else..
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-20-2013, 09:15 PM)refraction Wrote: have you tried the zerogs plugin? i wonder if the problem resides with gsdx or something else..
Thank you very much and everyone else in the forum that tried to assist me as well.

i tried the ZeroGS 0.97.1 plugin and I'm getting a constant 60 fps now. So you can close the thread. Again thanks for everyones help.Biggrin