Getting new laptop, will this run JRPGs well?
i7-2760QM Processor (2.4 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.5 GHz)
1GB AMD RadeonHD 7690M GDDR5

Would this do JRPGs well rendered at 1080p with 4X AA or more?

Sponsored links

Depend on that JRPG (it will not for VP2, for example), but mostly yes.
(03-06-2012, 11:31 PM)naoan Wrote: Depend on that JRPG (it will not for VP2, for example), but mostly yes.

SMT3, Shadow Hearts series, Persona 3+4, DQ8, .Hack GU games, Suikoden games, FFX/FFX2, Digital Devil games, Devil Summoner, Wild Arms, Xenosaga, Grandia, etc

How should any of these go at 1080p with some AA?
Xenosaga, Grandia, Suikoden,DQ8 will NOT work well with that PC, they need more than 3,5 Ghz (and your max turbo boost will never trigger on PCSX2 since that 3,5 Ghz is for single core mode only)
The rest might have some better chances
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-06-2012, 11:41 PM)Bositman Wrote: Xenosaga, Grandia, Suikoden,DQ8 will NOT work well with that PC, they need more than 3,5 Ghz (and your max turbo boost will never trigger on PCSX2 since that 3,5 Ghz is for single core mode only)
The rest might have some better chances

What about if I use that builds that support quad cores?

This CPU is a quad core.

I played DQ8 at Native res on my current laptop at pretty much fulled speed with minor slow down native res with no AA briefly(p8700 C2D 2.53ghz, GT 240M 1GB)
just try it. if you think it did enough for you. that 2.5 C2D should equal a i7 on 2.4. that i7 might even be faster at the same rate.
(03-06-2012, 11:50 PM)xstyla Wrote: just try it. if you think it did enough for you. that 2.5 C2D should equal a i7 on 2.4. that i7 might even be faster at the same rate.

The vast improvement in architecture should play a huge role I think, one thing I do no is power doesn't necessarily correlate with ghz.

Architecture plays a large role.
It depends on how high it actually turbos. If the frequency is around 3.2Ghz or more, most games should run well.
Anti Aliasing is a problem by itself. In some games it works, in others not. Consider it a hack.
(03-07-2012, 12:18 AM)rama Wrote: It depends on how high it actually turbos. If the frequency is around 3.2Ghz or more, most games should run well.
Anti Aliasing is a problem by itself. In some games it works, in others not. Consider it a hack.

If I had to guess the maximum turbo boost using 4 cores is probably around 2.7ghz, and probably near 3.1ghz when using 2 cores.
Laptops.. :/