Getting new laptop, will this run JRPGs well?
the max turbo is 4 x 3.2, 2 x 3.4, or 1 x 3.5 but you might wanna sit and play in a fridge to achieve that for a longer period of time. if you don't keep an eye on the temperature the rig itself will do and throttle faster then you can say "damn".

and yeah @rama we know you think laptops aren't worth it. Wink

Sponsored links

2 x 3.4Ghz doesn't sound too shabby. It should do that with all 4 cores though, preferably.
I like my Laptop, just finally tweaked to a point where i can get Xenosaga EP-1 to run consistent 60fps, with the worst drop to 53fps+^_^+ and that page up button does that FXAA thing which let me drop my resolution to about 1.3x native before side effects+^_^+
(03-07-2012, 12:50 AM)rama Wrote: 2 x 3.4Ghz doesn't sound too shabby. It should do that with all 4 cores though, preferably.

that's what i'd do there too. forcing 2 cores, try to turbo them and dummy the rest. cause 4 cores is 1 wasted on pcsx2. still it depends on the temperature and cooling how long the turbo lasts. so...

expect just the base clock of 2.4 or something inbetween on the long run and maybe peaks of full turbo.

that's enough of explanation. Biggrin