Getting the best audio in a recorded movie.
My computer isn't fast enough to run PCSX2 at full speed and record a movie at the same time. This isn't a problem if I just want footage from the game, as the recorded movie plays back at the correct speed, but the audio is distorted by the slowdown, and it doesn't play back correctly.

What settings can I change to optimize the recording of audio? I'd prefer to avoid things like the frameskip hack, which reduce the quality of the video recording. I don't care what it sounds like while recording, as long as the recording itself sounds good. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

I found the audio that gets dumped by the internal movie recorder to be always the correct speed, same as the video.
If you use some other recording tool (FRAPS maybe?), then you may still be able to mux that video with the audio getting dumped by the internal recorder.
The speed isn't the problem; the problem is that the audio glitches because the game isn't playing at full speed, and those glitches make it into the recording, albeit faster. If it's helpful, I could record a sample and put it up someplace...
This doesn't happen here.
Are you using SPU2-X?
You are using Async Mix. In time strech the sound should be synced with the video.

Thats because of how SPU plugins internally work.
(08-13-2010, 11:15 AM)rama Wrote: Are you using SPU2-X?

I am.

(08-13-2010, 12:11 PM)DXeros Wrote: You are using Async Mix.

I'm not.

...well, there seems to be egg on my face. Long story short, the fault wasn't in PCSX2 after all; my computer was just chugging trying to render the raw audio and video simultaneously. Once I encoded them together, the result sounds fine. Whew!