Ghost image on gow2
I get a ghost image when trying to play god of war 2
the only way to get rid of it is native resolution which spoils all the fun, tried r1888 and 0.9.7
any known resolve? or have I truly found "the ghost of sparta"?Tongue
my specs:

Core2 Quad 9550 @ 283GHz
4GB RAM
Geforce GTX 280
Windows 7 64bit

Sponsored links

you have to use pcsx2 0.9.7 and go to the gsdx plugin,then set the scaler (x2-x3-x4 or whatever value you want)
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
Yeah buddy, there is no real solution right now.

If you use a scaling option x2 x3, ect it seems to help a little bit but the only way to get rid of it all is to go native.

It sucks I know Smile

I think its amazing how good ps2 graphics could have been if the ps2 had the hardware for anti-aliasing.

Let me know if you find a solution Smile I've gone through a thousand different settings and haven't found one that I like for this game.

P.S. if you have trouble with frame rates on this game "VU cycle stealing #3" is your best friend Smile
If you want to play GOW 1 or 2 in highdef at a stable 60fps get the ps3 remake. Iv played both versions and the ps3 one is alot better.
(06-25-2010, 03:45 AM)Ænigmatik Wrote: If you want to play GOW 1 or 2 in highdef at a stable 60fps get the ps3 remake. Iv played both versions and the ps3 one is alot better.

Didn't understand that, is it a ps3 game or still a ps2 game?
Imagination is where we are truly real
@ nosisab Ken Keleh

there is sorta of a compilation of this two games for ps2 god of war 1 and 2,but they have been reworked somehow and they have improved graphics and it comes in a dvd for the ps3 as a standalone game
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(06-25-2010, 04:17 AM)diegochiha Wrote: @ nosisab Ken Keleh

there is sorta of a compilation of this two games for ps2 god of war 1 and 2,but they have been reworked somehow and they have improved graphics and it comes in a dvd for the ps3 as a standalone game

Thanks. Still the answer is yet vague, it's clear the game is playable on PS3, actually remade for it... what is not clear is if yet playable on PS2 console.

Actually I don't know much about PS3, I can play my old PS1 titles on the PS2. So the question is: is it a PS2 game intended to run in both consoles?

The reason being, otherwise it extrapolates de scope of the thread.
Imagination is where we are truly real
There is a fix for the ghosting, but its on PCSX2 0.9.6. You will need GSDX 1076m... m for modded. It was made specifically for God of War 2.
Not really, you can fix it with 0.9.7 just fine. If you bothered to search any, you'd find that I have answered the exact same question before:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-God-of-Wa...ith-screen
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thaks Bostiman. It worked.
actually I did search. but not very good apparentlyTongue
my specs:

Core2 Quad 9550 @ 283GHz
4GB RAM
Geforce GTX 280
Windows 7 64bit