Ghosting in Tales of the Abyss
It happens when using an offset with CRC hacks disabled for the game, while in some towns etc. I only know because, when I patched the ELF file at first for this game, for 16:9, and I tried it via the ELF it had no CRC fixes and that was happening Tongue

Sponsored links

(04-01-2013, 01:58 AM)Asmodean Wrote: It happens when using an offset with CRC hacks disabled for the game, while in some towns etc. I only know because, when I patched the ELF file at first for this game, for 16:9, and I tried it via the ELF it had no CRC fixes and that was happening Tongue

I have enabled the CRC Agressive hack but the issue still appear. If you don't know anything else can cause it I will follow your tutorial to use the FX and change the settings tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!
The Aggressive CRC hack is only for a few games, it won't do anything for Tales of the Abyss. What I meant was, make sure "Disable CRCs" is Not checked, and System->Automatic Game Fixes is enabled. You're best off to use a settings preset, in PCSX2's emulation settings (bottom left of the dialog)

What version of PCSX2 are you using? Try downloading the latest SVN here

Also, can you post your settings please. That overlay glitch shouldn't be happening with CRC hacks enabled
(04-01-2013, 03:30 AM)Asmodean Wrote: The Aggressive CRC hack is only for a few games, it won't do anything for Tales of the Abyss. What I meant was, make sure "Disable CRCs" is Not checked, and System->Automatic Game Fixes is enabled. You're best off to use a settings preset, in PCSX2's emulation settings (bottom left of the dialog)

What version of PCSX2 are you using? Try downloading the latest SVN here

Also, can you post your settings please. That overlay glitch shouldn't be happening with CRC hacks enabled

I can't find the disable CRCs option. Automatic games Fixes is enabled. I have reset all emulator config (emulator alert that plugins not) and the issue continues...

I use PCSX2 1.0.0 Rev 5350, I have new computer since a month, so it can't be so obsolete.
I have downloaded the lastest version. Now appear disable CRC option. Its not checked but issue persist U_U Now new options appear in HW hacks too like alpha stencil and TC offset. I tried to change it but I can only worsen the situation.

If, as you say, the issue only appears in some towns, I probably continue playing with it. When I talk people issue dissappear but when conversation is finished and its time to control Luke again issue comes too.

EDIT: I have magically pseudo solved the issue. I was changing the DX11 to DX9 to try and I choose DX9 Software in a mistake. I get a bad image but the rectangles dissapear. Quickly, I have returned to DX11 Hardware and get full image and no rectangles Ohmy

I was so surpirsed so I close the emulator and open it again. In fact, issue returns when I load the game with DX11Hardware, but I change again to DX9Soft and DX11Hard and again I get the perfect emulation. I know this is not a true solution cause I must do it every time I open the emulator but it doesnt matter.

I hope this thread can help people in the future!

Thanks to all!!!
Maybe delete all GSdx ini in your ini folders and configure it again
[Image: newsig.jpg]