Gladiator:Sword of Vengeance not starting.
Hello! My first post so a bit of introduction. I'm an old guy who likes to play games with the "ancient rome" theme and especially from the PS2 era. I dumped my bios from my old console (RIP my love!), I personally created images from my games and I play them. So far I tried Shadow of Rome and Gladius, now I would like to have a go with GladiatorWackoword of Vengeance, but for some strange reason it does not start. It hangs during the logos with a "STREAM TIMEOUT!!!" message inside the console. I tried older versions of PCSX2, various settings, launching the game from image and physical disc and nothing. I even tried to rerip the game with 3 different progs. Anyway, I'm posting the log (all info about file paths has been redacted).

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 12,09 KB / Downloads: 231)

Sponsored links

Did you try the 1.5.0 dev version? because from the log you're using 1.4.0. Sometimes a particular game can break on certain version of the emulator, Try the latest version a check back.
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
(03-28-2016, 02:41 AM)mosss Wrote: Did you try the 1.5.0 dev version? because from the log you're using 1.4.0. Sometimes a particular game can break on certain version of the emulator, Try the latest version a check back.
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

Thanks for this mosss, but emu version/plugin incompatibility was the first thing on my list of things to check. I tried:
- git revision a99750a
- PCSX2 1.4.0
- PCSX2 v1.2.1
- PCSX2 v1.0.0
- PCSX2 v0.9.8
I downloaded them all from the official PCSX2 website, removed all PCSX2 plugin profiles after unistalling each one. Still no go. I was even thinking that's the bios, but Gladius and Shadow of Rome work fine. Disabled all speed-hacks, tried all compatibility fixes. Still nothing. Every single time it says "STREAM TIMEOUT!!!" during the logos. Normally I would suspect bad iso, but after ripping it 3 times with 3 different progs I doubt that.
OKAY, ladies and gentleman. Upon further testing I isolated and localised the issue. The game starts and runs fine if your keep pressing "X" immediately after the "GladiatorWackoword of Vengeance" logo. When you boot the game the first logo is "Acclaim", then "GladiatorWackoword of Vengeance" and I'm assuming that the next step is the intro. So the intro kills the emulation. But if you skip it by pressing "X" everything is fine. I know this is not a popular game, but could someone please amend the wiki with this information in case others bump into this problem? Thread can be closed.