GoW2 issues!
Hey,I've been having some problems with GoW2, let me make a little list Laugh

Lets see here, first off I get weird lines all over the screen as soon as I go underwater.
I have a double vision/ghosting problem (Fixed by turning on Half Pixel Offset).
After turning on Half Pixel Offset my screen has started to flash randomly, especially in the upgrade/item menus, sometime in gameplay too.
I also have some weird sound bugs, they always happen when I change settings like video plugins and such, and sometimes they happen randomly...I noticed that they seem to happen when there are loud sounds too, for example it happened every time the Colossus did the ground pound at the start of the game.

I don't actually know what the best settings for my computer would be overall,so feel free to give me tips on that too if you want,will include my DxDiag!
I'm running the newest version of PCSX2, just say the word if more info is needed,appreciate any help Smile

Attached Files
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 80,77 KB / Downloads: 164)

Sponsored links

You should use the native resolution to prevent the weird lines in underwater without any side effects. The half pixel offset is not recommended since, it causes some other issues on the game.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(02-27-2015, 02:31 PM)ssakash Wrote: You should use the native resolution to prevent the weird lines in underwater.

Ahh,thanks! I'll be doing that if theres alot of swimming then!
About the weird sound bugs you mentioned, could you explain it a little briefly and also make sure to post your audio plugin settings.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(02-27-2015, 02:39 PM)ssakash Wrote: About the weird sound bugs you mentioned, could you explain it a little briefly and also make sure to post your audio plugin settings.

Not really sure how to explain it honestly,it sounds kinda like the sound just freaks out a little bit, just think of when something REALLY loud comes through your speakers and they almost crackle, its a similar sound. Its usually just 1-5 seconds but its really annoying in cutscenes and such since there's no subtitles...

Pretty sure I have the default settings for sounds,haven't touched it.
On Interpolation I have number 4, on Module I have number 2,volume and latency are both 100, Synchronizing is on TimeStretch and Audio Expansion is on Stereo. No boxes are ticked.
Try setting interpolation to catamull rom and try again. Though, your audio issue seems like a natural behaviour to me.
- Refraction
(02-27-2015, 03:11 PM)ssakash Wrote: Try setting interpolation to catamull rom and try again. Though, your audio issue seems like a natural behaviour to me.

Its been at catamull rom the whole time ^^ I've seen others having the same issue, it doesnt really seem natural to me though :/ Thanks for the helping me out atleast! Its not a huge problem though, just annoying.

The biggest problem is the screen flashing though, it can screw you up real good...
Could you post a screenshot of your speedhack section and gsdx plugin settings. Certain options might have been the trigger of the flashing textures so, posting these information can help.
- Refraction
Sorry for the late reply! I'm not too good with the whole screenshot stuff so this was the best I could do...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Disable the HW hacks and FXAA and try again.
- Refraction