God Of War 2 Green Screen
(12-21-2009, 02:52 PM)diegochiha Wrote: @ RenShijo-Kun

That will help for the fog,but not for the green screen at all.lets not mix up the fog,with the green screen,they are two different things,the fog can be solved as you said,but the green screen can be solved doing a proper bug report and saying your crc code,and hope someone kindly add it to the gsdx plugin.

sorry thought it was the same thing Tongue
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.

Sponsored links

I got the same problem!Please help meeeeee!Pleaseeeeeeeeee....
Tell me the way to do it right!Please! send me an e-mail on [email protected]
no need for emails here, its a forum. use 1888 beta with march plugins and you will be probably fine
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
maybe i know what is the problem, as you know there are more than two types of the game and you tried a bad version.

here are the types

[NTSC-U](E)
[PAL-E]
[NTSC-J]

on the offical compatibility list only the God Of War 2 SCUS 97481 U ([NTSC-U](E)) is playable.
http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?p=1&c=g&s1=1...&s4=1&s5=1
doesn't matter what the list says, search the forums, they're the MOST updated, and I know for a FACT there are PAL users playing GoW2 on PCSX2. on another note that "(E)" is only used with roms to denote that it's english.
the list is for the 0.9.6 we now mostly use 1888 and march plugins (that are allot newer) so things have changed
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
it was playable as of like 12xx for most people (it took me till 127x Angry, stupid PC of mine..)

and slightly off-topic: as of r3069 I STILL can't beat God of War 1, the game just hates my pc for some reason, others HAVE beaten it.

Readers Digest:
If it doesn't work now, try later. update as often as you can and it will eventually work for you, just like it should.
(05-25-2010, 10:17 PM)Saiki Wrote: it was playable as of like 12xx for most people (it took me till 127x Angry, stupid PC of mine..)

and slightly off-topic: as of r3069 I STILL can't beat God of War 1, the game just hates my pc for some reason, others HAVE beaten it.

Readers Digest:
If it doesn't work now, try later. update as often as you can and it will eventually work for you, just like it should.

mmm thats quite strange,i have a similar pc to yours and i already played all the game (god of war 1 and 2) without any problem Blink
(05-26-2010, 01:06 AM)diegochiha Wrote: mmm thats quite strange,i have a similar pc to yours and i already played all the game (god of war 1 and 2) without any problem Blink

Yea, my pc is kinda odd when it comes to stuff like that. I meet recomended req for PC games and it sometimes won't work either *shrugs* it's just how my PC is, and I learn to live with it.
I have the same green screen issue with v0.9.6 and beta r1888. But a few days ago I tried v0.9.7 r3007 and no longer encounter that issue. The r3007 is much better than the r1888, not only in God of War II. FFX for example -- in v0.9.6 and r1888, the cinematics (cutscenes) are choppy and the screen blink constantly when I enable speedhacks, but they run smoothly in r3007 with speedhacks enabled. A variety of graphic bugs in many games is gone, too (Tidus has some grey hair in 0.9.6, but in r3007, his entire hair is yellow).

Download r3007 here: *removed*
There's no offical configuration guide at the moment, but I think you can figure it out.

P.S: I have a PS2, and use PCSX2 with diagnostic purpose only while waiting for a new laptop (maybe next year or later). I never get over 30 fps with God of War II. Trying PCSX2 on AMD Athlon x2 Dual Core 2.9 Ghz and GeForce 9400 GS, FFX run at full speed, but when I try God of War II, only the opening cinematics run at full speed. In game it drops to 20 fps Sad. Does FFX use only 1/3 the power of the Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesizer while God of War II uses their full power?