God hand, works or not?
So...I've read up on the compatability, and supposedly God Hand works just fine. But for some odd reason, I can't get above 10 fps when playing it. I'm using 0.9.5 beta, with the ZeroGS 0.97.0 graphics plugin.

AMD Athalon 64 2.6 GHz dual-core processor
2 GB ram

Any ideas what could be the problem? If there's any other system info that you'd need to help, let me know.

Sponsored links

Why don't you use the latest pcsx2?
What is your graphics card? Have you played any other games smoothly?
Let's see...I tried downloading the newest version of the emulator, and it fails when I try to run a CD. I got the PS2 system screen, then the emulator crashes. And this is after I uninstalled everything, reinstalled the program, then copied the required .dll files (backed those up) back in so that the emulator would run. The emulator program itself works now, but it refuses to actually run any ISO's. And the old version worked just fine. I was able to play other games just fine, like Disgaea, Dark Cloud, Kingdom Hearts, etc. About the only games I couldn't get to work were Sly Cooper and God Hand.

As for my graphics card, I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8300. I got the computer in maybe december 2k7 or so? It was for my last semester in college, and that was last spring, so the computer's not that old...then again, computers are outdated as soon as you get them out of the box...
I don't have the game but a friend of mine said he does and runs it on the 0.9.5 BETA very smoothly. His PC is a bit better though, a quad core of some kind. He also has an extra gig of ram and an 8800GT.

These are his recommended settings, good luck.

GGdx SSSE2 0.1.4
Pixel Shader 2.0
No interlacing
NLoop Hack: Grey Checked
Texture filtering: Grey Checked
Logarithmic Z: Checked
Alpha Correction: Checked

ZeroSPU2
Time Scaling & Real Time Mode

He said he uses speed hacks but didn't clarify which one he uses, so mess around with em a bit.
Any idea where I could find the Beta? Cause 0.9.6 doesn't seem to be working at all...I'm gonna go back to the beta. I was running 9.5 before, as previously stated, but, well, guess not anymore...
I found this one from google. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page it has different version of the 0.9.5 beta if you want those instead.
*removed*
Don't link to 3rd party builds,you don't know what these include or if they are safe. (amazing how they ripped off my guide with a copy/paste)
jimfromtx you are doing something wrong with configuring 0.9.6,the game works perfectly with the new version and you will get way better FPS,so try to tell us abit more info about that problem so you can use the latest version of the emulator.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-14-2009, 11:52 AM)Bositman Wrote: Don't link to 3rd party builds,you don't know what these include or if they are safe. (amazing how they ripped off my guide with a copy/paste)
jimfromtx you are doing something wrong with configuring 0.9.6,the game works perfectly with the new version and you will get way better FPS,so try to tell us abit more info about that problem so you can use the latest version of the emulator.

Well, I'm not quite sure what to tell you, I get no error messages other than it's stopped working and needs to close. I copied the plugins, bios, and memcards over from the old version, as well as all the necessary .dll files, and yet nothing works. Oh, wait, here we go. When I try to configure it, I get a plugin load failure for ZeroGS and ZeroPad. Do I have to re-download those plugins somehow?
using pcsx2 396X3 , and GSDX 1.10 buil 852 , i could get a decent speed without any kind of crash!?
if ( the speed is low, use vuskip . (start with 1 1 , and then if you didnt get what you want change it to 2 2 ) ( note that: the higher the values get ! the more the screen stutters )
and i also think the newest revisions are way better than that old build.just try the new ones! )