God of War 2 Config- 95% Speed all the time
(06-22-2009, 12:38 AM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: Hi, I'm new on the forum. Just a quick post on the config I'm using for God of War 2. I get a constant good speed 95% most of the time, which is about 47-50fps.

I'm using Pcsx Beta 1329, here are the configs:

Graphics- Newest gsdx1375
-DX10 or 9 (makes no difference)
-Texture filtering enabled
-Internal res 1024x768 (you can increase this if you want)
Haven't tried with FBA or Logarithmic Z options.

Sound- SPU2GHz Playground 1.9.0
Interlopation set to 0 (you can increase, my soundcard is just bad)
Time Stretching enabled.
Module- Xaudio 2 ( the recommended one)

CPU Settings
Limit framerate- Custom 60
Set auto frameskip to 45fps
Don't enable the microvu options

Speed Hacks
Use X2 cycle rates
Enable all other options
Play around with vu cycle steal, mine is set to maximum and the game runs fine, nothing breaks.

Advanced options
Set all clamp options to none and chop/zero
Activate the flush to zero and denormals are zero

People with quad cores and high end rigs can play around with this, I don't have a hectic pc, but this config works very well. If the "shadow or clone effect" bothers you, disable internal res and switch to native.

Thanx to my friend Niko for suggestions and giving me a major speed boost...he told me to use the playground sound plugin.

I hope this helps. Thanx to the pcsx2 team, this emulator is awesome!

My PC:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4Ghz
4Gb DDR 2 800Mhz RAM
Geforce 8800GT 512Mb DDR3
500Gb Seagate Sata2 HDD
Omega 600w Megapower
Vista Ultimate 32-Bit SP2

Hi I'm new to pcsx2 and don't know that much about how to do the settings so could u plz explain to me a bit more detailed how to do the settings to play gow2 with less lag.my pc specs is; core I5 3210 at 2.50 ghz
4 gig ddr3 1333
Gt640 2 gig 128 bit gpu
Runing win 8 64 bit
An I knw I can get smooth game play with my rig but I'm lagging badly could u plz help me out. And thnx in advance

Sponsored links

(11-09-2014, 05:05 PM)mrhuazer Wrote: Hi I'm new to pcsx2 and don't know that much about how to do the settings so could u plz explain to me a bit more detailed how to do the settings to play gow2 with less lag.my pc specs is; core I5 3210 at 2.50 ghz
4 gig ddr3 1333
Gt640 2 gig 128 bit gpu
Runing win 8 64 bit
An I knw I can get smooth game play with my rig but I'm lagging badly could u plz help me out. And thnx in advance

please open your own thread to get active support and please refrain from posting in threads more than 8 months old. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go