God of War 2 Inner Sanctum
Until now, the game was okay but in the Inner Sanctum episode, while fighting the first wave of enemies, the fps drops so badly that it seems like the game freezes. It's nearly 1-2 fps when that happens, and the screen goes black for some 10 seconds, then it returns back to normal for another 10 seconds, and then the fps drops again.
It even gets really difficult to close the emulator because whole screen goes black and my only option is to press alt-tab and wait for a couple of seconds when it comes back.
I'm using pcsx2 0.9.7(r3113).

Config: Windows XP professional
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.00 ghz
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3870

Any suggestions?

Sponsored links

post your pcsx2 configs so we can help you better,but my bet will be that you are using too much speedhacks maybe
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
Actually I'm using no speedhacks. I've attached the plugin configs. Thanks for replying, I hope this can be solved, it seems I'm almost at the end of the game..

those are the plugins you are using,i mean your config (micro vu or super vu,what about the clamping modes all that)
oh sorry, first time i'm using a ps2 emulator, i'm a noob about all the technical details. i'm attaching the snapshots now, i don't know if there is a more practical way to post this data.

okay so your problem seems to be with the VU0 and VU1 ,use the legacy one (superVU on both).
Edit: and dont use savestates too,these will break the game sometimes
and i will say what i said to someone else before 10 min Tongue

if you have the game mounted unmount it and select the iso with linuziso plugin, if you are running it from the ps2 disc make an iso with imgburn and do what i said before.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
i've done them both, the problem still persists in a different way. the fps first dropped and after 5-10 seconds, it came back to normal, but this time the screen flashes with green-red corrupt pixels.
so it could be a bad iso or your graphic card is screwed,and btw do you have a laptop or a desktop
a desktop