God of War 2 LAGGING on Reasonable System Specs
Hi Guys,
I have recently Discovered PCSX2 and am LOVING it!!. Finally a proper emulator allowing us to play our fav games on PC.

I am trying to play both God of War 1 and 2. The problem is I am experiencing low framerates 30 - 45 when things get busy.

The interesting thing is even if i play around with settings and try to lower the graphic settings it makes no difference whatsoever, which tells me there is something else wrong.

my specs are :

Intel Core i5 2400 3.3 GHZ 6mb Cache
4 GB DDR 3 1333MHz
Gigabyte GTX560 OC Edition 1 GB
Barebone motherboard ( Cant even remember which one but its 1155 Socket. )
250 GB HDD for OS and 1TB for DATA
Windows 7 professional 64Bit.

Any helps and advice would be MUCH appreciated Smile

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I am Using PCSX2 1.0.0
I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with the default settings to see if it makes a difference and it doesnt. i cant recall which plugin it is on by default but its on that one ha ha.
Even if i dont tweak any settings I get exactly the same lag as before. I have tried using all the video plugins and all give me the same results.
I am playing all my games off ISO,

Bloody Roar 4, DBZ Budokai 3 and Mortal Kombat Armegeddon all works LAG FREE> But i do suppose those games arent as requiring as GOW 2 Since it is one of the most stunning games ever to come out on PSP. Stunning Graphics wise i mean
use speedhacks, EE cycle rate on 2 and vu cycle on 2 or 3 that should fix your problem
I will try that and report back to you. Thanx so much for all your helps so far.
be careful when increasing vu cycle stealing, though.
this will produce gfx glitches.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-28-2012, 11:30 AM)jesalvein Wrote: be careful when increasing vu cycle stealing, though.
this will produce gfx glitches.

Have u tried to run GOW 2 at all?
i see you have the same Graphics Card as me?

P.S. IT CROWD RULES!!!
(08-28-2012, 11:32 AM)Maximuss2072 Wrote: Have u tried to run GOW 2 at all?
i see you have the same Graphics Card as me?

P.S. IT CROWD RULES!!!

not everyone has the game you know Tongue

you can also just use EE cycle on 2 and thats it, it should be enough to gain fullspeed all the time... not sure tho.
as jesalvein said vu cycle *can* have some glitches, also use skipdraw to 1 and alpha hack to get rid of the double image the game gives (last time i played atleast dont know if this had been fixed or not)
Hello.

There is a setting in the actual game called "Progressive mode" make sure you have that turned on as well....I might be wrong and it makes no difference, but it's something I can also suggest to make your gameplay even better.
(08-28-2012, 12:28 PM)Luke_H Wrote: Hello.

There is a setting in the actual game called "Progressive mode" make sure you have that turned on as well....I might be wrong and it makes no difference, but it's something I can also suggest to make your gameplay even better.

Thanx so much for all the help!! I will only be able to try it tonight but im sure ill make progress.. I realize the emulator is requiring but it should be THIS requiring ha ha. I don't have the best specs on earth but its better than using a 9600GT and i have seen examples of GOW 2 being run on that card SMOOTHLY.

Will update tomorrow and let you guys know if it worked. Thanx again!!!