God of War 2 freeze
Hey guys! So, I've been having a very strange problem with GoW2. In the Ruins of the forgotten when I have to do the tilting platform puzzle upon moving the two blocks and starting to push the platform into the swamp below the platform freezes nearly at halfway down and Kratos just ends up standing there and nothing happens (see picture for reference). As far as I remember the platform should plunge into the bog and I should jump on the roof...

I can't progress further into the game and have no idea how to solve this strange freeze. Sad
If someone could help with this issue I would immensly appreciate it. Also, if this cannot be solved I'd also appreciate a save file just after the tilting platform puzzle.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Can you tell us about any non default settings, your hardware, and please post the emulog.txt? Also are you playing from a disc or ISO?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Um... Nevermind. I just tried switching to Direct3D9 Software mode and it worked but with a stutter and now everything works just fine, I've got past the platform part.

Just for reference I'll post emulog.txt and tell you all that you asked.

I'm running the game from a ISO file and I was using Direct3D11, texture filtering, FXAA, FX shader, half-pixel offset, agressive CRC and all tickable speedhacks except for fast DVD. Turning them off one by one didn't solve the issue and I couldn't locate the culprit.
Also, for reference, the speedhacks were turned on when I switched to Direct3D9 and it worked.

I'm running 1.3.0.5873 build of PCSX2 on Windows 7 x64. The problem existed on previous builds too.

As for my hardware I'm running:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 clocked at 3.82 GHz
Gigabyte GA-880GM mainboard
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD6870
8 (2x4) GB 1333MHz Kingston

Thank you nonetheless for a very swift reply. Smile

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 1,21 KB / Downloads: 225)
Please post the emulog after the freeze.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(02-04-2014, 09:28 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Please post the emulog after the freeze.

Oh, sorry for that. Here it is.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 8,43 KB / Downloads: 450)
Quote:* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
you'll probably have other problems since you didn't rip your game correctly.
better re-rip it from your original DVD using imgburn
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, here's an update. I ripped the game again but this time from a friends disc which was in a far better condition than mine and I was completing the part where you have to run on tree roots while freezing time near the titan Atlas and when I ran to the end of those obstacles the game froze in a similair way like before in the Ruins.

Meanwhile, I also encountered a strange freeze while playing Rule of Rose and it was also fixed by switching to DX9 mode. Might be a correlation there.
I completed the game las week without any freeze.
So, no I don't think it's related.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Okay but I wondered if it might be related with my install of PCSX2 or maybe some of my plugins.
Now get this guys, manual game fixes were enabled and when I disabled the "Switch to GSdx software rendering when a FMV plays" box it stopped freezing. How about that...