God of War 2 - green environment issue
I've been trying to run god of war 2 platinum on my pc, but when the game begins the environment looks all green, soldiers and kratos are fine. I had the double sight problem but I solved it by checking "Texture Filtering" and "wait vsync" in GSD configuration. I have played god of war 1 with my configuration and it was fine. here's my platform information:

PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 5
x86Family = Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
CPU speed = 1.597 Ghz
Cores = 8 physical [8 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0098e3fd
x86EFlags = 28100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Detected SSE4.1

my graphic card is an ATI Moblility Radeon HD 5470 and since I was able to run games like assassins creed 2 and modern warfare 2(PC versions) on highest resolution and detail I think its good enough. my system has 4 GB ram.

Sponsored links

use 0.9.7 and the latest plugins

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
Quote:my graphic card is an ATI Moblility Radeon HD 5470 and since I was able to run games like assassins creed 2 and modern warfare 2(PC versions) on highest resolution and detail I think its good enough. my system has 4 GB ram.

of course, assassin's creed 2 & modern warfare 2 are both emulated games...
what you just said is a complete nonsense. Pcsx2 may require far more cpu & GPU raw power than those games.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-01-2010, 03:27 PM)jesalvein Wrote: of course, assassin's creed 2 & modern warfare 2 are both emulated games...
what you just said is a complete nonsense. Pcsx2 may require far more cpu & GPU raw power than those games.

I know and I don't expect to run my games in high resolution, high details or even smooth, I just think my hardware is good enough for running the game playable.
I will try the 0.9.7 version and newest plug-ins.
thanx cyphox, the game is running correctly under 0.9.7 version. Though I had to turn on all speed hacks in order to get better performance and now the game is running with good speed. but I seem to have problem trying to save the game in the memorycards, in god of war 1, the first save took a lot of time but it seems this one is stuck. maybe its because of the beta version bugs.
No, it's because you turned on all speed hacks, which of course cause problems as all the warnings inform you about.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
speedhacks are evil, only use them if theres no other way to run your game at a playable speed, dont turn all on by default, try and see what speedhack brings you the best speedup and preferably use the recommend ones (you can read, cant you), turning on all speedhacks at once its the worst thing you can do...
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps