God of War 2 settings for pcsx 0.9.7 r3878
the fps is going low aftr the game starts..in the main menu
cant I do something about the sound
can changing plugins fix this...........

Sponsored links

by the beening i mean to say, the fps drops after the game begins at the main menu to be more specific before the main menu when the screen says "SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS"

is there no solution for the sound........
(04-26-2011, 06:20 AM)Speed Nukem Wrote: ...the videos still lag(the fps drops to 15 from 60!!!) and the sound does not sync in the videos....

Did you try my suggestion on that?
enable all speedhacks except min/max and the block hack. If you downloaded a new PCSX2 and overwrite it over the old one that may be the issue. In GOW the block hack isn't friendly causes the AI to act weird and unable to get to it and click circle to initiate a cutscene,
The game works awesome..............No gliches at all i fixed the shadow and the unnesessary glows too the only problem is the sound is not proper and the fps drops drastically at the main menu and in the videos the game is visually flawless loss better than a ps2....the sound is a problem even at 85 fps the sounds lag ONLY SOUNDS LAG the game does not and the fps is not constant......when i enter a new area it lags the fps drops to 5-15 fps
Have you ever considered overclocking that i7? It will take to it like a charm, I'm sure. This is something you should really consider if your still having occasional lag. If you're looking for a heavier game (such as this) to run so well, you should expect the need for a 3Ghz+ CPU.

As for the sound, I'm not sure what to say. It's hard to tell you how to fix a problem that's non-existant on my end, ya know? I can get "laggy" sound if I make the game run slow, but running at 60fps produces normal sound. At excessive FPS, the sound is just faster. Which makes me wonder if that 85fps was produced through the use of a lot of Speedhacks (sometimes the FPS becomes false this way). Did that 85fps feel like it was 50% faster than normal?

Also, consider the little things. As orchlon suggested that overwriting an old PCSX2 with a new one may be a problem, I will also tell you to consider that you may have a bad rip. What did you use to make your ISO?
Guys I think I figured out the problem.................
I noticed that any game I play on the emulator lags I dont get a constant fps (This is the ACTUAL problem) may it be any game...i tried shaolin monks,final fight streetwise,god of war 1, god of war 2, the godfather, naruto ultimate ninja 5 and blade 2........I play the games directly from the DVDs......I think the graphics plugin does not suit my OS or Processor I have Windows 7 ultimate x64 (64 bit) and intel core i7, i have Gskill memory chips.........
Plzzz suggest any plugins or a solution.........my friend plays god of war 2 on his pc with a constant 35 fps (He has pentium 4 1gb ram and 512 graphics)............
actually, the solution has already been suggested.
try to read the post above yours
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yes, I also think it's your CPU speed. So try overclocking your i7 920 to 3GHz+
Wink 
Smilei run thhe game in software mode with all hacks on at a constant 60 fps the problem was i was playing the game directly from the cd.........i made a image using alcohol 120%..the game works awesome just like in a ps2.........the shadow glich is fixed by the software mode.........and I DID NOT OVERCLOCK MY i7..... Cool

sorry i am going bit off the topic but is there any fix for Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks???

and Ir ead in your forums that there is no ps3 emulator...........
let me correct you there is a stable ps3 emulator.......... Smile