God of War 2 settings for pcsx 0.9.7 r3878
my pc config is
intel core i7
6 gb ram
ATI Raedeon sapphire hd 4870 1gb
on board sound card

god of war 2 does not go over 9 fps help plz.............
maybe i didnt set pcsx2 correctly.............

checked youtube but they did not work for me........

Sponsored links

What did you do, underclock your i7 or something!?

Post screen shots of your PCSX2 settings.
    [quote='Rezard' pid='166334' dateline='1303783870']
What did you do, underclock your i7 or something!?

Post screen shots of your PCSX2 settings.
[/DEAD BEFORE DISCO>>>]

Here are the screenshots of the Settings.........
I attached the shots...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok, I gotta call you out on this one.

You labeled this thread with "pcsx 0.9.7 r3878", yet you're clearly using an unofficial SVN (r4182).

Those Who Make The Rules Wrote:•There will be no support for modified or unofficial SVN versions of PCSX2

Download the latest official beta from this site.
[quote='Rezard' pid='166345' dateline='1303786202']
Ok, I gotta call you out on this one

OK, I just searched the net for the god of war2 setings and found this on youtube i did not know this was a an official version,sorry...........

I downloaded the official r3878 two days ago..... i am using the same settings on that too, the problem is still the same but on the OFFICIAL beta r3878 the game works on 59 to 65 fps but the sound is awfull the game frequently lags and the videos also lag.......the game is stuck on the screen saying"sony computer entertainment presents god of war" for a long time............the fps is 5-6 fps in the start and if i wait for around 6 mins it rises to 45-50fps for sometime and again drops...the videos always lag.....and i can see pixels on screen(big ones).....and whenever i enter a new area the game lags ant retutns to nornal in 15-20 seconds
You should be using the SSE41 GSdx plugin. Using the SSE2 plugin is treating your CPU like an AMD. Wink

Have you ever even used Speedhacks? An i7 can still need them, as clock rate is king with PCSX2. You should state which i7 it is, or at least it's clock rate.
[quote='Rezard' pid='166351' dateline='1303788584']
You should be using the SSE41 GSdx plugin. Using the SSE2 plugin is treating your CPU like an AMD. Wink

Have you ever even used Speedhacks? An i7 can still need them, as clock rate is king with PCSX2. You should state which i7 it is, or at least it's clock rate.

which hack thre a re many of them most of them are not recomennded

see my pc specs yourself(screenshots)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yeah, even a mighty i7 can be slow for PCSX2. 2.66Ghz is a little low, so Speedhacks are often still helpful.

Start by enabling them. The [Recommended] hacks should already be selected. Now, 2 of the hacks in particular tend to be very useful, and those would be the EE Cyclerate and VU Stealing sliders. You will find them to improve the speed of games quite often, but they are quite capable of "breaking" games, too. How much (to use) and which one (works best) can and will vary from game to game. You should try different settings and see for yourself. Sometimes both will work well, but in this case (GoW), I think the EE is the one that worked best.
I did all you said but the fps still in low in the begening(5-9 fps) I have to wait for it to rise the videos still lag(the fps drops to 15 from 60!!!) and the sound does not sync in the videos....the only improvement is in the gameplay........the gameplay seems fine but when thre is some activity on screen like in the begening the hand of the giant statue comes to attack through the wall the fps suddenly drops very low for around 5 seconds...........i have seen people play this game on thier pc flawlessly on youtube....
Yeah, and people on Youtube do other things:

- Overclocking their CPU (this is common, and very benefitial to PCSX2).
- Use various revisions. Anything from self-compiled SVN, to custom-built (all unofficial and unsupported)
- Upload videos that were recorded with PCSX2 itself (even if the game is slow, it's playback is at full speed this way).
- Lie to impress others.

Any or all of these reasons can answer "Why doesn't it look like that?".

When you say "low in the beginning", are you talking about before anything is even displayed? If I'm understanding you correctly, then that's not so odd, and neither is occasional slowdowns (especially when your CPU clock is technically "average" for the purpose).

I personally try not to fret over videos (maybe toggle to software rendering for those with F9), but the sound issue is likely because of the speed issue. The sound is bound to be messed up at 15fps.