God of War II config request + a little known bug
Hi guys and girls Smile
I want to run my God of War II in the highest possible details, so I ask you kindly to provide me some help in this case, if you don't mind Smile I can play it easily with full speed, but I'm excepting more of graphics for this game Smile so I don't even post my actual konfig
My comp:
Intel Quad Q9550 2,8@3,0Ghz (I can slightly increase to the 3,2 if it does help)
Palit GF GTX 260 Sonic 216 SP (896MB/448bit) 625/1200 clocks
OCZ reaper 4gb (i believe it doesnt really matter, right?)
I have PCSX2 beta.r1888 (I found it somewhere in the internets, and its working best for me for almost all the games), with Gdsx 2693 SSE4.1

So, can you please gimme config for GoW2?

Also, concerning the bug - I got freeze in cutscene when I release prometheus - how I can make it work?

cheers all Smile

Sponsored links

(07-08-2010, 08:47 PM)zel Wrote: Also, concerning the bug - I got freeze in cutscene when I release prometheus - how I can make it work?

cheers all Smile

use 0.9.7 beta

as for better graphics use the scale and put it at x2 or x3 (probably your gpu cant make it with x4)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
It got a bit laggy with scale x3, but game looks great - any additional hints how to speed it a little up?
I did following settings:
DirectD3D 10/11 Hardware
Interlacing none
D3D internal res: 1680x1050
Use native unchecked
Texture filtering checked
Allow 8bit textures

I also did 2x Cyclerate speed hack.
(07-08-2010, 09:23 PM)zel Wrote: any additional hints how to speed it a little up?

Lower the Resolution.
There is no point to have a high internal res and scaling at the same time. With scale x3 and 1680x1050 your running the game at 5040x3150, which is quite the overkill. Either set the scaler to x1 and choose the internal res you want or lower the internal res to e.g 640x448 and use the scaler.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
thats not how it works... the scaller does x2 x3 x4 and so on of the original game resolution whatever internal res you have
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
I overclocked my gpu and cpu a little bit more and I can run every almost game in x4 - GoW2 is a bit laggy but I think it's because it's snowing where I am. Thanks guys for help Smile
Oh and a one question also - i have 6 black lines vertically across the screen in equal distance from each other - how I can fix it? It doesn't really matter, but if I can do something with this, why not? Tongue
First reduce the scaling, it puts some overhead on the CPU too (remember it's not a PC game, things need to be emulated, PS2 draw graphics on several hardware pieces, from EE, VU and GS itself).

The black lines themselves comes from the scaling, I don't have this game so I can't tell for sure how it should be expected to run with your CPU but from reading several reports that game is hard on it. The GPU is good but still a mainstream.
Imagination is where we are truly real
just dont use internal res use only the scale
I am using only the scale, but those black lines appears in underwater scenes and in the underworld. Are you saying that you don't have it at all? If it is relevant i use 0.97 official and latest SVNs, speed hacks EE cycle steal 2, VU cycle steal 0 (these ones make Kratos blink) and ones that are marked as recommended. Didn't notice any change with turning speed hacks off, or using superVU instead of mVU. Or am i doing something wrong?