God of War NTSC-U
Hello,

I am having issues with playing God of War on my pc.
I can run others games quite well, and I've seen people running this game at near perfect speed, but mine fluctuates from 25-60 frames, usually around 30-40.

I have a intel core 2 quad q8330 at 2.5ghz, 8GB of DDR3 ram, Windows 7 64-bit, and 1GB ATI HD4890 graphics card.

My aspect ratio is 16:9, speed hacks enabled (the recommended ones), no game fixes, not tinkered with anything else in emulation settings.
For GSDX10 settings I'm on Direct3D10 hardware, no interlacing, texture filtering on.

If there are questions about what other things I have enabled or not, feel free to ask, but I listed the things I thought were most important.

Sponsored links

download the latest SVN from here : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ ( make sure you do this or you will have a bug )
do the exact settings but put VU speed hacks up to 3 ( i know it is not recomanded Smile )
enable native resolution in GSDX
and i think you will get 50 FPS Smile
(07-31-2011, 07:07 PM)abdo123 Wrote: download the latest SVN from here : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ ( make sure you do this or you will have a bug )
do the exact settings but put VU speed hacks up to 3 ( i know it is not recomanded Smile )
enable native resolution in GSDX
and i think you will get 50 FPS Smile
Wow man, thanks for the quick reply! Your settings make me work at 55-60 frames consistently! Is there a way to update to the latest SVN without having to download it manually every time?

Also, should I always keep VU speed hack to 3?
yes with this game Smile
Hello guys, i have nearly same problem with God of War. My PC: Windows Vista 32bit, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 1.00HZ , RAM 3GB, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
I have downloaded lastes SVN from the website that abdo123 posted, enabled native resolution, VU speed hack to 3, I'm am on Direct3D10 hardware too, but i am still on around 20fps with video lags and also sound lags and screeching. When i try to turn all microVU Hacks on, i am near on 30fps but still with laggs(not playable).
Some other advices or anything? If you will want more, i can screen all my settings for example. But for sure, i am real noob in this thing, so be patient pls Smile

Thank you very much for anything.
PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in game window say when you get slowdowns?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
It is not like the game is fine and i have lag somethime, the game is slowed all time.
In game menu : EE 89-95% GS jumping from 38-70% UI 0-6% FPS 17-21

If it is not enough, say exactly what you need to know, i have it in czech so it is harder to find with my no perfect eng. Smile
/EDIT: Or last thing to try would be that you could help me via TeamViewer.
gow is alot of geometry to process. therefor your cpu is too slow and old architecture. and there's not much you could do. maybe max out vu stealing. but it won't play at enjoyable level.
(08-22-2011, 01:23 PM)Johny T. Wrote: Hello guys, i have nearly same problem with God of War. My PC: Windows Vista 32bit, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 1.00HZ , RAM 3GB, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
I have downloaded lastes SVN from the website that abdo123 posted, enabled native resolution, VU speed hack to 3, I'm am on Direct3D10 hardware too, but i am still on around 20fps with video lags and also sound lags and screeching. When i try to turn all microVU Hacks on, i am near on 30fps but still with laggs(not playable).
Some other advices or anything? If you will want more, i can screen all my settings for example. But for sure, i am real noob in this thing, so be patient pls Smile

Thank you very much for anything.

man you have the same CPU i used to have

one word : stink

if you got 45 FPS at the game without tweaking too much

then PCSX2 has done miracles from r3113 to r48xx Smile

so give up you can always play this game when you get a decent hardware Sad