God of War Serious bug!
I can play god of war (1) well, on pcsx2, up to the hydra, but when I'm about to finish it off (press O repeatedly after the mast is broken, to pull the hydra over), just as I'm done pressing O and the animation should come, where it gets killed, the game just transports me, or something. I'm suddenly at the bottom of the mast, there are two smaller hydra's with their head already cut off lying there, and the large hydra has just dissapeared, making it impossible to enter its mouth.

Sponsored links

I also have this glitch/bug. I have searched the webs and it happens to people what appears to be randomly. I have not found a fix for it yet. Shame to I really was getting into GOW. I have not tried changing graphics to turn off fog. Not sure how I would do it. I'll look that up when I have some time.

I'll post up more if I fix it or get around it. Just need a save game past it really. You get the key and let the people out. If I can't fix it I'll find a save though I don't know what caused it and I would be frustrated if it happens again later.
Some graphic related bugs can be fixed by switching between Hardware and Software rendering mode if you are using GSDX plugin. You can use F9 hotkey to switch between rendering modes directly from the game.

Also, if you are having problems, always check for the newer versions of PCSX2. Many problems can be solved simply by updating your PCSX2, DirectX and even Graphic Card drivers.
But keep in mind! Only official versions of PCSX2 are supported on this forum.
(11-15-2009, 09:43 PM)Johnny Natrium Wrote: I can play god of war (1) well, on pcsx2, up to the hydra, but when I'm about to finish it off (press O repeatedly after the mast is broken, to pull the hydra over), just as I'm done pressing O and the animation should come, where it gets killed, the game just transports me, or something. I'm suddenly at the bottom of the mast, there are two smaller hydra's with their head already cut off lying there, and the large hydra has just dissapeared, making it impossible to enter its mouth.

the hydra may not be dissapeared it just may be invisible or something. Try imagining it as you would enter it's mouth
In situations like this always try these few things:

Disabling all speed hacks
Changing the rounding mode in the options
Change clamping to extra or full
Try switching back and forth between microVU and SuperVU

When trying these options DON'T load up a recent savestate, load from a recent memory card save as savestates will often lock options and give you false signs of it not working.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(03-31-2011, 06:19 PM)Koji Wrote: In situations like this always try these few things:

Disabling all speed hacks
Changing the rounding mode in the options
Change clamping to extra or full
Try switching back and forth between microVU and SuperVU

When trying these options DON'T load up a recent savestate, load from a recent memory card save as savestates will often lock options and give you false signs of it not working.
I am with Koji but in short use default in EE and Vu Wink
speed hacks wont do such a bug in GOW
disable cheats ( gave me a lot of bugs )
don't skip videos ( even with the fix ) and especially with skipping videos patch because there is a video after killing the hydra

sounds more like something messing with the round modes/clamping would fix (more the former)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I tried all different settings mentioned above, tried switching to software mode. Come to find out it was a bad ISO the video file was bad. I did try to skip vids but thats the prob in the first place. New game image works fine. PLayed from a game save off of memory card, switched back to default settings (besides supervu - it runs so much faster) and it worked! Thanks for posting. After I tried what you guys said heard there was a cutscene after I put 2 and 2 together and reripped.