God of war 1 hangs right before first movie
Hello everyone. Asking for help, because seems like I'm the one who's got this issue.
I've got MacBook Pro Early 2011 (http://support.apple.com/kb/sp620).
Recently I downloaded GOW iso and tried to run it:
- natively - no success at all
- via wineskin + latest pcsx2 - sw mode with 20 fps, hw with millions of artifacts - too bad to play, really
- via wineskin and 0.9.x - sw mode 30 fps - beter that nothing
But having a Windows 7 Home Premium licence, today I installed this OS om my mac with help of Bootcamp. I thought that my journey was over now - how was I mistaken!!)
I can run a game in DX11 HW mode with 50-100 fps. BUT! I press "start", choose difficulty, Kratos says "The Gods of Olympia has abandoned me" - and his next action must be jumping from the cliffs. I actually know it 'cause under Mac OS X the movie is played correctly with no problem. But not under my Windows system.
BTW, game not just "freezes", but Kratos keeps standing at the edge of a mountain, birds fly here and there, various sounds can be heard - but no movie will be played Sad
Actually, I tried, guess, every combination of hacks/emulation settings/plugins config - no result. Sadly.
More here, when I try to play first movie from the menu (where demons emerge from the hatch) - it hangs in about 2-3 seconds.
I tried even such thing: booted Mac OS X, went through menu and the movie, saved the game, transfered the save into Windows, booted the latter and loaded this save - this did the trick! But after killing my first sea snake, a 'loading' writing appeared forever.
That's my problem, I hope that solution is near and I'll be available to play the game in few days.
Thanks in advance!

PS. I Tried various versions of pcsx2 - from 0.9.8(r4600) to 1.2.1(r5875). The result for 1.x is pretty the same. 0.9.8 hangs even earlier.

Sponsored links

(10-25-2014, 01:41 AM)apollov Wrote: Recently I downloaded GOW iso and tried to run it:

No support for piracy. Read the rules again and come back when you have a legitimately acquired game.
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD