God of war 2, blades of athena disappears and game crashes.
im have been playing GOW2 for a couple of days now, and after defeating the horse keeper, i had enough orbs to upgrade the blades of athena to level 3, but when i upgrade the blades, the blades disappears (he still attacks but cannot hit anything). also, the buttons that appear in each minigame are also not showing (like R1) and this causes the game impossible to finish. and after uniting the island on the sisters of fate (the part where the horses moves and unites the islands) once kratos crosses the chain bridge. a loading screen appears and then stops, no progress at all. any solution on this problem, im using pcsx2 0.9.8. r4600. tnx, and my computer i fast enough to run the game smoothly.
Finished Game: GOW 1, DMC3, SOTC, KH1, ONE PIECE GRAND ADVENTURE, ONIMUSHA 1, FFX, ONIMUSHA 3, GOW 2
Currently Playing: ICO, KH-RE:COM, FFX2, TENCHU WOH, CASTLEVANIA LOI (any good suggestions?)

(Using PCSX2 0.9.8) Laugh

Sponsored links

What are your PCSX2 settings? Post some shots.
illegal\unknown ver of the game mabye
it might be not listed in the game database what is the game CRC
dont know if its illegal version coz the game is owned by a friend of mine, i only extracted the iso from it, and my friend was able to finish it with his ps2, so i guess the game disc isn't the problem, (game version is BESCES-54206GOWII)

my pcsx2 setting is all by default, no speedhacks, ill post it as soon as i get home. but its all by default
Finished Game: GOW 1, DMC3, SOTC, KH1, ONE PIECE GRAND ADVENTURE, ONIMUSHA 1, FFX, ONIMUSHA 3, GOW 2
Currently Playing: ICO, KH-RE:COM, FFX2, TENCHU WOH, CASTLEVANIA LOI (any good suggestions?)

but i had this thought that if i dont upgrade the blades, the problem will also not exist, so maybe, (i haven't tried this yet) if i play the game without upgrading the weapon, there will be no problems (i hope). but its so much pain, Tongue, and im playing on hard mode.. so any solutions will sure be useful to me and to others experiencing this problem.

Have you tried the Alpha hack?

Have you tried software rendering (toggle with f9 during play)? It may be slower, but it may get you past the lock-up (or show things that didn't with hardware rendering)...
No, haven't tried that yet, ill try, yes software rendering is very slower and sometimes unplayable, but it may help me get past the problem. .. ill post the results after i tried it

are you absolutely certain you didn't have speedhacks enabled? mVU block hack breaks a lot of parts of gow2. If you can't find a solution why don't you just send me your save file and i'll level it up for you
i am sure i disabled the speedhacks, the thing is i am using savestates instead of saves because there is a common problem on GOW2 that the games cannot be saved or loaded. does this causes the problem as well, ive searched other sites and found out that this problem also exist with other gamers. so i think this is also a common error. is it ok if i send you the save state? 5 more orbs are needed to upgrade the blades though.

here are my snaps for the configuration,

i tried the software mode. it does remove the fog on the screen (which is a minor problem to me) but the error on the dis appearing blades and crashes at the chain bridge still exist. is there any other solution for this?