God of war NTSC : 100% finish (save game at last save point downloadable)
Hi everybody,

I've done it ! I've finished it ! That's great.
I'am going to share with you the tricks how to pass the end after defeating Ares final form (with the Kratos' sacred sword).
This step-through is not my "invention" but it summarises the 70 pages of the topic "GOW 1 & 2 looks playable" where in it, we can read the method to go after the end of the game and then unlock treasures and god mod.
With the attached memory card file, you will find 4 savegames of GOW 1 NTSC and the first one is the last save point of the game just after the video which causes white screen after defeating ares final form.
So you will not lose a lot of the game and you can see this video through unlocked treasures then.
The savegame is in hard level so the hardest level will be unlocked and some treasures.
For information, if you want to finish the game again, you need at the before last savepoint (just before final battle vs Ares primary encounter) to set 4:3 resolution in GSDX and (maybe but I set like it) change sound plugin for Zero one and native resolution. Then the video after defeated Ares final form will execute but will hang later so enable just at the beginning of the video the "skip mpeg" patch and then in every case, you will pass this blocking video so as to finish the game.
.7z   Mcd001.7z (Size: 418,43 KB / Downloads: 63.602)
Asus P5Q Pro | C2D E8400 3GHz@4GHz + Noctua NH-C12P | 2x2Go Patriot Extreme PC-8500 | GeForce GTX 460@Stock 1Go GLH

Sponsored links

(06-13-2009, 04:07 AM)bobaka Wrote: Hi everybody,

I've done it ! I've finished it ! That's great.
I'am going to share with you the tricks how to pass the end after defeating Ares final form (with the Kratos' sacred sword).
This step-through is not my "invention" but it summarises the 70 pages of the topic "GOW 1 & 2 looks playable" where in it, we can read the method to go after the end of the game and then unlock treasures and god mod.
With the attached memory card file, you will find 4 savegames of GOW 1 NTSC and the first one is the last save point of the game just after the video which causes white screen after defeating ares final form.
So you will not lose a lot of the game and you can see this video through unlocked treasures then.
The savegame is in hard level so the hardest level will be unlocked and some treasures.
For information, if you want to finish the game again, you need at the before last savepoint (just before final battle vs Ares primary encounter) to set 4:3 resolution in GSDX and (maybe but I set like it) change sound plugin for Zero one and native resolution. Then the video after defeated Ares final form will execute but will hang later so enable just at the beginning of the video the "skip mpeg" patch and then in every case, you will pass this blocking video so as to finish the game.

thx man ,i didnt reach that point im stuck in the sirens battle,after meeting the titan ,there are two videos there i can skip one,but the next one got me,so i cant pass that point Sad

besides am done with God of War 2 this have less hangs ,or maybe doesnt have two hanging videos as well Laugh

Edit: another solution for skiping videos,is playing in second round and skip the video manually in game with button X ,is easier this way,and you dont have to get out the game,and use the patch Happy

thanks for the savegame will be very usefull for me Laugh
how about putting in your settings as well? Would really help in reducing the experiments other people need tweaking with the speedhacks and graphics configs.
Windows 7 x64
Intel G2020 2.9GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GT630GT 2048mb
the configuration is standard one, nothing particular : http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2516/soch.jpg
I even play in 2560x1600 internal resolution but with some rare scene very slow.
Asus P5Q Pro | C2D E8400 3GHz@4GHz + Noctua NH-C12P | 2x2Go Patriot Extreme PC-8500 | GeForce GTX 460@Stock 1Go GLH
very cool man thanx alot
my game crashes after the mecha-taor's fight when the movie ends. bobaka can you please upload a save file after this fight.
thx...
I don't know why everyone has the ending problem. I simply finished the game without doing anything special, I didn't use any patches nor change my internal res. It simply went on untill the end without any hang.
I guess I am very lucky.
I have no idea whay settings and plugins I used since I finished the game 6-7 months ago.
i5 2500K @ 4.8 Ghz - 1.31 V
Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
4 GB Mushkin Radioactive 1600 mhz @ 1866 (8-10-8-27 1T)
ASUS DCU2 HD 6870 (1050/1196) @ 1.3V
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 32bit
thanks 4 share
can you say how you manage to pass the pandora bridge?
In the area of "THE SNOWY CLIFFS"there is a cutscene.but in a part of that the game doesn't respond.That's why I can't play the game after this.can you please upload save game in "Mcd001.ps2" after this cutscene?