Gofundme account for new PCSX2 devs
Have you guys thought of starting a Gofundme account for PCSX2? I've heard that we are very limited of developers helping out on the project and I thought it would be a great way to attract new talent and developers. Is it illegal to donate to projects like this?
CPU: Intel i5-8400 2.8 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming OC (6 GB)
RAM: Ripjaws V Series, 2x8 GB DDR4 (2666 MHz)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B360M D3H
Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550 W

Sponsored links

How would it attract new developers?

We used to have a donation system, however paypal deemed that we were distributing illegal software (completely false, but they wouldn't listen) so they banned our (or should I say my) paypal account.

Further discussion was here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Donate-link
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-25-2016, 07:17 PM)refraction Wrote: How would it attract new developers?

We used to have a donation system, however paypal deemed that we were distributing illegal software (completely false, but they wouldn't listen) so they banned our (or should I say my) paypal account.

Further discussion was here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Donate-link

What do you mean how? Money attracts people. It's actually very simple lmfao PPSSPP users have the choice to donate so why can't this emulator?
(03-26-2016, 05:34 AM)NoleNation Wrote: What do you mean how? Money attracts people.

This isn't a company. Also, I don't see how crowdfunding will attract new developers. Are you suggesting that the developers should have salaries?
(03-26-2016, 06:31 AM)Akio Wrote: This isn't a company. Also, I don't see how crowdfunding will attract new developers. Are you suggesting that the developers should have salaries?

Salaries idk but maybe some sort of compensation maybe. PPSSPP seems to making alot of progress with their emulator and it might be because of the community support they have. I'm just throwing out ideas. It might get some developers interested in helping out if there was an incentive. Plus it might help fund new hardware to test the emulator on in the future.
PSP emulation is still very young compared to PS2 ontop of that its not nearly as complex as the PS2 is. So its probably easier to code for at this point in time. COme back and say that when PPSSPP is 10+ years old like PCSX2 is.
On X86 PC, PCSX2 is pretty much finished.
All it still needs is portability and optimizations to run on other platforms like Android or even weaker X86 mobile devices

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

(03-27-2016, 03:28 AM)Nexxxus Wrote: On X86 PC, PCSX2 is pretty much finished.
All it still needs is portability and optimizations to run on other platforms like Android.

and rewritten recompilers/renders
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-27-2016, 03:29 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: and rewritten recompilers/renders

yea, this is why I added "or even weaker X86 mobile devices"

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

I'm afraid it will only bring us money hunter. I don't think the main source of motivation to work on an emulator could be $$$.

Quote:PPSSPP seems to making alot of progress with their emulator and it might be because of the community support they have
PCSX2 is making a lot of progress Wink Our main issue is that I (we?) suck to highlight the progress. IMHO, the progress isn't to port PCSX2 to new marketing buzzword right away.

Quote: and rewritten recompilers/renders
You know a lot can be done without a full rewrite. However increase perf is really really difficult to the PS2 arch. You can't have both accuracy and speed.