Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Graphics and no skipping for FFXII
I am currently running the latest version of pcsx2 off my laptop. Since my laptop is an alienware mx14, I hope to improve the look of final fantasy 12 while experiencing no ill effects, but whenever I improve the graphics, the game slows down considerably. I've come to use the Direct 3D (Hardware) setting with nativex6. I've tried using the speedhack to no avil. Can anyone give me some pointers? Or is this a lost cause due to the limitations of the emulator?Sad

Here are my pc stats:

Alienware mx14
4gb ram
750 hd
inter core i5 processor-2430m CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
64-bit operating system

Sponsored links

First off i think you have your gpu listed wrong, i've never heard of a 750 HD, excluding a external tv tuner card, either way it wouldn't be in a alienware.

6x scaling is far too high for a 1080p monitor, past 3x has little effect on your graphics potential.

Speedhacks wise i guess the mtvu hack could still be helpful (or so i've heard, i've never used it on a dual core), as well as the recommended speedhacks, however speedhacks will not help if your gpu limited, which is what it sounds like if your using 6x scaling.

Your cpu should be running it fine, i could run FFXII with only slight slowdown in rabanastre on a phenom 2 925 @2.8ghz, which should be weaker than yours.

PS.A little old, but here's a link to the wiki which lists some compatible speedhacks:
http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Final_Fantasy_XII
Intel i5 2500k @3.3 Stock(OC wasn't needed anymore)
Cooler master hyper 212 plus, push/pull configuration, MX4 thermal paste
Antec 750W HCP Platinum power supply
HIS IceQ Boost Clock AMD HD 7950
2x8GB DDR3 1600 G.skill Ripjaws RAM
2X 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS HDD
Corsair Carbide Series 400R Computer Case
Asrock Z75 Pro3 Motherboard
(03-15-2013, 08:35 PM)Tatsuya1221 Wrote: First off i think you have your gpu listed wrong, i've never heard of a 750 HD, excluding a external tv tuner card, either way it wouldn't be in a alienware.

6x scaling is far too high for a 1080p monitor, past 3x has little effect on your graphics potential.

Speedhacks wise i guess the mtvu hack could still be helpful (or so i've heard, i've never used it on a dual core), as well as the recommended speedhacks, however speedhacks will not help if your gpu limited, which is what it sounds like if your using 6x scaling.

Your cpu should be running it fine, i could run FFXII with only slight slowdown in rabanastre on a phenom 2 925 @2.8ghz, which should be weaker than yours.

PS.A little old, but here's a link to the wiki which lists some compatible speedhacks:
http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Final_Fantasy_XII

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try and see what happens.
This alienware has 750 gb HDD that's NOT GPUTongue, it's gpu is GT650M with optimus. That GPU is for sure way too weak for x6 res(even the most powerfull existing/planned GPU's are too weak to run x6 in all games and GT650M is not one of themTongue), in FFXII it could easily struggle even at x3 in some places/effects.

Soo summing that up to begin with you probably have to add PCSX2 to your optimus drivers to make sure GT650M is used instead of integrated chip which is even slower and then change internal res to one that doesn't slow down anymore. And make note, games doesn't have same stable requirements from the beginning to the end if you lower the res and still get slowdown in other place, you'll have to lower it even more.>.>