Good Upgrade
That is the general consensus and it has been for quite some time.

The PS2 is quite a beast to emulate on the conventional PC x86 architecture and though it may seem like it should run better since it's an older system with low hardware specs, this isn't really the case when you translate the language the PS2 games speak to the x86 architecture.

Like kabooz has said, in 2 years an average PC will be better than the average PC now, since we get die* shrinks at least within a year or so after a new processor line is released (which usually lowers temps, and power requirements allowing for higher standard and over clocks). And usually the next processor line follows up a year after that.

Honestly unless AMD's bulldozer becomes the savior CPU line, I wouldn't expect much extreme changes in CPU architecture for the next 2 years at least, Intel JUST released the Core i7s not too long ago.

Games that run good on the emulator, I can run great on my Q6600, it's only OC'd to 2.8Ghz for some reason when I installed my new sound card I haven't been able to boot at the usual 3.2Ghz OC that I use to hold. My graphics card is a 280 GTX BUT I had great performance from my previous card which was an 8800 GTS 512MB.

With that in mind I think the PCSX2 at this current time benefits more from a well clocked CPU of the current CPU architectures on the market, and a well price mid ranged graphics card.

Sponsored links