Google Chrome doesn't offer to save password?
I'm probably posting this in the wrong section, as I assume it's a fault to do with Chrome itself rather than anything to do with the website, so please move the thread if need be.

When I log into my account from the main forums page, Chrome does not ask me if I would like to save the password.

However if I log in via clicking the reply button when browsing a thread, it does offer me the chance to save the password then (which obviously can be annoying, but if it's the only way then I'll stick to it)

Have other Chrome users experienced this and not just my self?
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments

Sponsored links

It's related to Chrome. So what do you want. You want Chrome to offer password or no.

If you want to be offered Password, then you should have saved it first.

If no, then probably try tick 'Never Ask for Passwords'
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
I want Chrome to offer to save password when I use the log in feature at the top of the main forum page, so when I enter the main forum page where I can choose sub forums, I can simply click log in, as Chrome would have saved my details and the fields would be marked gold.

However it doesn't offer to save password at the main forum page, as stated above it only offers to save details when I click the reply button within a thread, so the details are only stored at this url - forums.pcsx2.net/newreply.php

I have to enter my details each time at the main forum page (it's not too much of a bother and I can live with it, but it would be nice and quick to just click log in)

Sorry if it's confusing, any help will be much appreciated, and thank you for the reply!
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
1.) Open Google Chrome Browser

[Image: googlepass1.png]

2.) Click the wrench icon on the top right corner of the screen and click settings please.

[Image: googlepass2.png]

3.) Scroll down and click "Show advanced settings"

[Image: googlepass3.png]

4.) Scroll down to "Passwords and Forms"

[Image: googlepass4.png]

Here you need to have a check mark on that "Offer to save passwords I enter on the web" and when you click the manage my passwords it will show you the list of websites which you have your login information recored like how mine is recorded on image #4 (The red block is to cover my username/email addressTongue)

Again, just check mark that "Offer to save pass.." then the next time you enter log in information on any website/forum Google Chrome will ask you if you'd like to save your password or "Never for this site"

Excl Make sure you delete PCSX2 Forums from the "Never Saved" list for Chrome to ask you again next time you visit our forums.. Kay?Happy

Hopefully this was helpfulLaugh
its because the login area on the welcome bar is an ajax script
Flamehaze19, believe me I've had 'offer to save password' checked since I first started using Chrome, hence why it can offer to save password, but only when I click 'Add Reply' on a thread, not at the desired main forum page which I would like! Thanks for taking your time to help me though Smile

Squall, so only Bositman can change it? I'm not going to ask him as no one else has mentioned it from what I've researched on the forums, I guess I'm a minority Tongue. Oh well, I can live with it!
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
I haven't developed the forum, the mybb group has, so only they can do that Tongue I don't think it's what squall says though.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-02-2012, 11:16 PM)Bositman Wrote: I haven't developed the forum, the mybb group has, so only they can do that Tongue I don't think it's what squall says though.

Oh right I see Tongue, apologies! I assume all Chrome users experience this as well then, and not just me! Or if it is me then I must be doing something quite wrong Tongue
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
well its not ajax, but its a script/frame that masks the login/password fields until you click logon, so the browser password store won't detect it as a login field.

only the reply page, as has been noted, will populate the login/password fields

Its not isolated to chrome at all, no browser can save or restore login info from that frame
I don't use chrome(just have it)but with any browser I try(FF,Opera,Chrome)the "Remember me" appear only on the LogIn page,not when I click on the Add Reply/New Thread button.

I never logout so it doesn't really matter to me...if it appear somewhere,that's all I need.