Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta buy new pc soon, what's the best 'till January 2013?
Hellow, my name's Ffamran Mid Bunansa and i am pretty new here.
I'm a italian guy who completely loves to play.
I am buying a new personal computer, most probably a desktop, just for play games and enjoy a better pcsx2 performance. I use to play game like FFX and FFXII (yes, i am just another rpg addicted) that run quite as the same original fps (except for some part) but this computer of mine is getting old and now, after two years life, it should be retiring. These are some of my spec now (i am using a notebook):

[Image: eb4qaq.jpg]

And this is my GeForce

[Image: 35044es.jpg]

The most troubling game i am trying to play 'till now is Star Ocean Till the End of Time (PAL). No shaky screen but veeeery slow when into battle and slow for the rest. Need some advice to enjoy this and others game. I was wandering on the net and i notice some pc built for game. Is DELL alienwares a good ones? Or should i go for an Intel? But what? I am not a n 'hardware and software' genius and that's why i am looking to buy a "ready to use" desktop.

Just some limit:
Need to spend no more than 1000£ (1613$) (1209€)
I will not overcloak.

I will appreciate any help.
Thanks in Advance.

Sponsored links

*Moved to Hardware/software discussion.
I didn't know what Alienware even was till I looked it up a few minutes ago. Tongue

Anyways, a computer is nothing more than the sum of its individual parts. As in motherboard, CPU, graphics card, hard drive, etc. That leads to a heavy amount of customization. It really doesn't matter the exact brand, like Dell or HP, because they all use these basic parts. I personally like to start at the motherboard and work my way up due to having a driver disc.

If you buy a pre-installed OS on a computer you are at there mercy to pay $60 for a recovery disc with their OS installation disc. I personally prefer machines without an OS pre-installed.

If you want the least amount of fuss, find a desktop with either Intel i5 2500k or i5 3570k. Or to save a few bucks you could go with an AMD FX6300, but definitely not FX61XX. In other words, Piledriver = good, Bulldozer = not so good. The 8 core AMDs cost about what an i5 costs. For PCSX2 purposes you would be better off with the i5 in that case.

Here is a good example
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6883227446

I could not find an example with a Piledriver. They were all Bulldozers... Sad

For a graphics card I would recommend at least an AMD 7750 or GTX 650. Of course you have to factor in shipping and other miscellaneous costs but this setup gives you plenty of room for error with your overall budget.
This is a good base PC, DaTankAC. As you said it only needs an additional graphic card (and maybe a SSD Tongue2).
I'd definitely stay away from AMD processors for PCSX2. They just take too much of a speed hit compared to Intel.
Assembling your own desktop is much cheaper than buying a prebuilt one. Even if you don't know much about PC hardware, just remember the CPU and GPU names, and ask the seller to help you find other parts.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60
Thanks for helping.
Could this be good? :

[Image: 2wbt1g8.jpg]

Thanks in advance.
Only issue I see with that IBuypower one on newegg is that they use crappy psus in those machines so that would need to be replaced as well to be able to handle a decent gpu. If you check the details page you will see that it is running a 300watt psu which is far to low for any gpu unless you go with a lowend one that is.
(01-13-2013, 09:02 PM)Ffamran Wrote: Thanks for helping.
Could this be good? :

[Image: 2wbt1g8.jpg]

Thanks in advance.

I am currently playing Star Ocean Till the End of Time and with my specs I can get full speed (60 fps) everywhere at 4X Native (four times better graphics than on a PS2). I sometimes get minor slowdowns in battle (5 to 10 fps drops), but very rarely. My specs are very similar to the ones you listed here, but the graphics card you listed is MUCH better than mine and I think you could get at least full speed on 5X Native and perhaps even at 6X Native in Star Ocean. For FF12 you should be able to get the same results as well. FFX doesn't even need to be mentioned because I can easily get full speed at 6X Native even with my card. To put it shortly, this is a great PC, and if it is within your budget then get it.

The link you posted in your previous post however, is another story, because Intel HD4000 is not good for anything higher than 2X Native (if even that), and certainly it is too weak to play PC games at Medium quality or above (unless it's an old/non-demanding game)
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU
(01-14-2013, 04:02 AM)Qaddafi Wrote: I am currently playing Star Ocean Till the End of Time and with my specs I can get full speed (60 fps) everywhere at 4X Native (four times better graphics than on a PS2). I sometimes get minor slowdowns in battle (5 to 10 fps drops), but very rarely. My specs are very similar to the ones you listed here, but the graphics card you listed is MUCH better than mine and I think you could get at least full speed on 5X Native and perhaps even at 6X Native in Star Ocean. For FF12 you should be able to get the same results as well. FFX doesn't even need to be mentioned because I can easily get full speed at 6X Native even with my card. To put it shortly, this is a great PC, and if it is within your budget then get it.

The link you posted in your previous post however, is another story, because Intel HD4000 is not good for anything higher than 2X Native (if even that), and certainly it is too weak to play PC games at Medium quality or above (unless it's an old/non-demanding game)

Thank so much for your help. After that review i believe i'll buy it.
Best wishes!