"Grainy" Textures?
This one's a bit difficult to explain, but in all the games I play on PCSX2, the textures are very "grainy", and it makes it extremely difficult at times to pick out things, specifically in Gran Turismo 4, the apex of corners is very hard to make out because the textures are extremely harsh and sharp (Not the edges, the actual textures themselves)

Here's a screen from Burnout: Takedown, which shares the exact same problem I'm having with all my other games. (Yes, I know about the black sky fix, this is not what it's about)

[Image: sV0Ha.jpg]

See how down near the track, the cars and the track are extremely pixelated?

System specs:

Core i7 Ivy Bridge 3.4 Ghz
Windows 7 64 Bit
GPU #1: nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1gb (Fermi)
GPU #2 (PhysX Card): EVGA 9600 GT 512 mb
16 gigs DDR 3 Dual Channel

I'm running PCSX2 1.0.0, revision 5350

Please don't tell me the answer is to download one of those friggin SVN revisions, where you have to spend 8 hours compiling 60 different things in Visual Studio (Assuming you have the 2008 version which you can't get from Microsoft anymore), I tried that already and subsequently gave up because it's way more difficult than it should be.

Sponsored links

There is nothing to compile with SVN revisions. The versions provided on the website are all compiled and no more difficult to install than the regular releases. Unpack, run, done.

That aside, looks like you're running in native resolution and just stretching the image and/or running in software mode. Try increasing the internal resolution in GSdx settings and make sure you have texture filtering enabled and use hardware mode instead.
(12-16-2012, 08:55 AM)Eloris Wrote: There is nothing to compile with SVN revisions. The versions provided on the website are all compiled and no more difficult to install than the regular releases. Unpack, run, done.
I've been wondering how you're supposed to use these, and which ones to use for which situation.

I've tried reading into it but I keep hearing different explanations for how to do it, and little on what it actually does.
(12-16-2012, 09:18 AM)ahlycks Wrote: I've been wondering how you're supposed to use these, and which ones to use for which situation.

I've tried reading into it but I keep hearing different explanations for how to do it, and little on what it actually does.

Normally you would need to compile SVN revisions but there is a bot doing it now, navigate and you should find the last version built by it.
Imagination is where we are truly real
SVN compiling issues aside, i suspect the answer lies in your GSDX config, so can you post a picture of your GSDX settings please?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]