Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec FPS problems
Those are the least demanding tracks. In GT3 there are a lot of resource heavy raceways and the game uses them quite often. So for example you could gain fullspeed in the above mentioned tracks, but the others wont work that smoothly.

In the end you have three options: either to overclock your current CPU, to buy a new one or to play the game with variable framerates (There is, of course, the forth option - to play it on PS2, but it is quite obvious). Unfortunately there is no other way to gain more speed - GT3 is a demanding game. Though, it just occurred to me: you could gain a dozen of fps by being #1 during a race (because there are no other cars in front of you).

I have a somewhat similar CPU and a PAL version of GT3, so I know what I'm talking about. I also tried every possible way to raise the fps numbers. In the end it is just not worth it (playing with wavering fps or using frameskipping) - it completely ruins the experiences.

Sponsored links

Well the only way to play the game is to put VU cycles all the way up to 3, but then, after a race, you gotta put it back to 2 because the menus crash with VU cycles on 3... So everytime I enter a race I put cycles up to 3, to gain 5-8 fps, put on the turbo frameskipping, which makes the game flash but it's playable and fullspeed, and at the end of the race, put cycles back to 2, so the menus won't crash. That's my only way to play, and it's just baaaarely worth it.
I wouldn't care as much about it if I could just play a bunch of races after another, then go and buy some tuned parts for my car, then race again, etc. without having to put a savestate and set the VU cycles all the time... If I could play at least 20 minutes in one sit, I'd be happy, even with the screen flashing because of frameskipping.
Sometimes even Turbo option isn't worth it, because there are times when I get 40 fps, but with turbo I get 45 but the screen skips and flashes so annoying, I turn off the turbo and sacrifice 5 fps, just to see fluent graphics..

I'd upgrade my rig but apparently I'd have to buy a new motherboard with a newer socket (current one is 775), plus new RAM, which would be DDR3 1333Mhz, but that costs a damn lot of cash, so... It seems this is the best I can get.
Is there a way to load different kinds of emulation setups with a keyboard shortcut?
For example, I wanna load setup#1 which has less gamefixes and more stable, I press F8, and if I wanna load setup#2 for the game itself to gain FPS, I press F9. Isn't there some kind of way to switch between setups via a shortcut?
(11-02-2014, 12:39 PM)polini46 Wrote: Is there a way to load different kinds of emulation setups with a keyboard shortcut?
For example, I wanna load setup#1 which has less gamefixes and more stable, I press F8, and if I wanna load setup#2 for the game itself to gain FPS, I press F9. Isn't there some kind of way to switch between setups via a shortcut?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2Bonu...r-frontend
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go