Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gran Turismo 3 A - Spec (PAL) 100% Playable.
Hi guys, Gran Turismo 3 runs very well in software mode, I have finished the license B - A and rally with no bugs, all tracks, etc.

PC Specs:

Core i5 750@3.33GHz
MSI P55 GD65
Kingston DDR3 2x1GB 1333MHz
Radeon HD 4850 1GB

Here my configuration:

PCSX2 r3812

PCSX2 Core Config -

EE / IOP: Default Settings
VU's: Clamping Mode: Extra
GS: Default Settings
Speedhacks: Disabled
Gamefixes: None

Plugins:
[Image: pluginsselector.png]

Video GSdx Config:
[Image: gsdx.png]

Audio SPU2-X Settings:
[Image: spu2x.png]

FPS Min: 30
Max 50 FPS
Average FPS: 45 +

Screens:

[Image: pcsx220100921122743401.jpg]

[Image: pcsx220100921122802722.jpg]

Salu2 =D
CPU: Core i7 4770k @ 3.9GHz.
GPU: Geforce GTX780 GHz (GK110-B1) @ v340.43 BETA.
SPU: X-Fi Titanium PCIe @ v11.2.40.0008 WHQL.
O.S: Windows 8.1.1 Pro x64.

Mi blog de emulación:
http://soloemulacion.blogspot.com/

Mi canal en Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/darknessknightes

Sponsored links

Hi

I've been trying the ntsc version of the game, and when I start the last test from license B (8) the screen turns to garbage, its ok while I'm still in the menu, but turns bad the minute I enter the game.

Also at the begining of each race there is an extreme fps drop when the screen flashes during countdown.

this is with r3878, but I also tried 0.9.6 and got the same. I'm running the game from my hdd as an iso, maybe that has something to do with it because thats the only significant difference in the configuration you posted.

I'll try to get the pal version later and test it if that works.
Darkness Knight used the (software) renderer in GSdx to play so he didn't get the garbage screens or the slowdown at beginning you get and that's also the only solution I know for the garbage track.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(12-07-2010, 02:40 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Darkness Knight used the (software) renderer in GSdx to play so he didn't get the garbage screens or the slowdown at beginning you get and that's also the only solution I know for the garbage track.

Interesting, it really works in software, unfortunately it looks really ugly compared to hardware, and also the fps drops so its just barely playable.

It seems to be track related, it happens on trial mountain and grand valley. The interesting bit is that during replay the screen is ok, it only turns bad during race.

I also noticed that on the night tracks special route 5 for example the speed drops noticeably even on hardware rendering at some places.

One other thing is that if I restart a race multiple times sometimes there is no slowdown during countdown.

I'd conclude that 100% playable is an exaggeration, but you can play if you're really determined.