Gran Turismo 3 - Mem Leak (Only for fun =P)
(09-30-2011, 09:57 AM)recoder Wrote: tick the allow 8-bit texture and use anythign except X Native. This Scaling of X Native usually causes the problem.

Hes leaking system ram, not video ram so this setting is useless xD
(10-01-2011, 09:12 AM)Speedy42 Wrote: Lol I'm surprised 10.6GB
Is there even a chipset that supports that much memory? Laugh
If it does exist do tell me.

What -_-

you can easily install 64GB onto i7, 32GB onto core 2.. etc

Sponsored links

(10-03-2011, 12:14 AM)rama Wrote: This is not a memory leak by definition though.
It's a massive allocation of resources that do not fit into GPU memory anymore and get swapped out to system ram.
Once the texture cache is cleared as part of the normal GSdx operation, all these allocations get removed.

This is plausible, but it cannot be measured with task manager, the system shared video cache can only be viewed with process explorer

However, the OSD would display the entire vram load including paged and system shared video cache usually so it might not be texture allocation at all.
(10-03-2011, 12:14 AM)rama Wrote: This is not a memory leak by definition though.
It's a massive allocation of resources that do not fit into GPU memory anymore and get swapped out to system ram.
Once the texture cache is cleared as part of the normal GSdx operation, all these allocations get removed.

What happens if the card does not have TurboCache (I don't remember what it is called in AMD side)?
(10-05-2011, 12:23 PM)Livy Wrote: What happens if the card does not have TurboCache (I don't remember what it is called in AMD side)?

The same thing as if you have turbocache i expect.

[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Windows vista and 7 don't support or need turbo cache anyway, the OS handles the allocation of spill off cache via DXGI