Gran Turismo 3 Night Tracks FPS Drops
I've noticed that whenever I play on night tracks (example: special stage route 5 or Seattle circuit at afternoon) my fps drops down to anywhere between 30-45 FPS, which has caused me to lose some races.

Specs are:
i5 2500K
GTX 570
8GB RAM

Is there some setting I should change so that it doesn't give me constant FPS dips on night/afternoon tracks or do I have to live with it?

Sponsored links

I believe the night tracks are just more hardware-hungry, in this already very hardware-hungry game. You could try messing with speedhacks, lowering your resolution, etc., that could help it out more or less.
(07-06-2014, 02:30 PM)Rassane Wrote: I believe the night tracks are just more hardware-hungry, in this already very hardware-hungry game. You could try messing with speedhacks, lowering your resolution, etc., that could help it out more or less.

Dang it I hope it wasn't my hardware :\ thanks
run them in software mode perhaps?
GT3 isn't that hard to run. I can run it at 2-3x native and have it run on only 2 cores
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-06-2014, 09:56 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: GT3 isn't that hard to run. I can run it at 2-3x native and have it run on only 2 cores

Have you tried playing Special Stage Route 5/any night track/afternoon stages? I always get my lag there.
Let me test it real quick
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Have you turned the MTVU speedhack on?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

is it the sun overlay or the lots of lights? i experienced that same lag in gt4 at nordschleife and newyork has it too. your graphics card should pull that off tho. might be a sync issue.
(07-06-2014, 11:53 PM)refraction Wrote: Have you turned the MTVU speedhack on?

Yep the MTVU hack is on. Tried it with it off also and got similar results.

(07-06-2014, 11:57 PM)dabore Wrote: is it the sun overlay or the lots of lights? i experienced that same lag in gt4 at nordschleife and newyork has it too. your graphics card should pull that off tho. might be a sync issue.

honestly idk, i'm thinking it's both.