Gran Turismo 3 (USA v1.10) - Garbled final B License screen
Get latest GSdx from here (try both OpenGL and D3D11)
https://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html

Sponsored links

Okay, how do I replace a plugin like that? Never had to do that yet.
Copy/paste the DLL file in plugins folder ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
i'd recommend the latest dev build here too. 4 runs really good on a lap. is gt3 alot of more different then gt4?

(08-03-2017, 03:07 PM)gregory Wrote: I would also suggest to use a recent GSdx version. Some CRC hacks was updated for GT series (and OpenGL partially emulates this effect)

@gregory it's just partially? just the brightness... right? it works pretty good tho. enjoyable. Smile
(08-04-2017, 10:00 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Copy/paste the DLL file in plugins folder ?
Alright.

(08-04-2017, 10:53 PM)dabore Wrote: i'd recommend the latest dev build here too. 4 runs really good on a lap. is gt3 alot of more different then gt4?
For the emulator itself? I presumed I was supposed to stick with the normal build.
Sorry to bump but I managed to find a solution and thought I ought to share it.

I cross-posted my query on Reddit and got a couple suggestions that I thought I'd try before installing new stuff.

The first was to switch to OpenGL, which gave me the exact same problem in hardware mode.

He also suggested raising the number of rendering threads in software mode, so I switched to Direct3D11 (software) and raised rendering threads from 2 to 7 (I have an 8-core CPU) and it ran perfectly fine! The graphics seemed kinda blurry (I think it may have dropped my resolution from 2x Native down to Native) but there wasn't any lag and I was able to get past that part.
(08-04-2017, 10:53 PM)dabore Wrote: i'd recommend the latest dev build here too. 4 runs really good on a lap. is gt3 alot of more different then gt4?

@gregory it's just partially? just the brightness... right? it works pretty good tho. enjoyable. Smile
Let's say the implementation is a bit hackish. Car games abuse generally on post-processing effect. I'm not sure that I got all of them working as expecting.

@CrashGordon94
What is your game CRC (top of the window) ?
(08-15-2017, 05:40 PM)gregory Wrote: Let's say the implementation is a bit hackish. Car games abuse generally on post-processing effect. I'm not sure that I got all of them working as expecting.

Wasn't aimed directly at me, but I'm kinda curious what you mean here. Which version are you talking about?

(08-15-2017, 05:40 PM)gregory Wrote: @CrashGordon94
What is your game CRC (top of the window) ?
Ummm, there are a bunch of things and I'm not sure which you're talking about. Which bit and when?
(08-15-2017, 06:14 PM)CrashGordon94 Wrote: Wasn't aimed directly at me, but I'm kinda curious what you mean here. Which version are you talking about?
1.5 dev builds

(08-15-2017, 06:14 PM)CrashGordon94 Wrote: Ummm, there are a bunch of things and I'm not sure which you're talking about. Which bit and when?
It should be in the log or window name when the game runs. Search "Game CRC" inside the log , the number next to it should be it. Or just paste the entire log here.
(08-15-2017, 06:38 PM)lightningterror Wrote: 1.5 dev builds
So those have "hackish" things to make certain games run better?

(08-15-2017, 06:38 PM)lightningterror Wrote: It should be in the log or window name when the game runs. Search "Game CRC" inside the log , the number next to it should be it. Or just paste the entire log here.
There are a bunch of things in the name of the window the game runs in, I don't know which one you're wanting.

How do I get this log?