Gran Turismo 3 doesn't register button presses
Hi there,

I'm having trouble with running Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec PAL Version. The game doesn't register any button presses after i choose the language, i can't even skip the intro movie. When I'm finally in the game, I can move through the menu with my analog stick, which is working as it should, but none of the buttons are working. My controller is fully configured and works perfectly in every other game. It doesnt matter if I use keyboard, a xBox gamepad or my steering wheeel. No button presses are registered at all. 

.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 16,22 KB / Downloads: 76)

Sponsored links

Hmm, thats a weird one. Sounds like it could be an issue with the iso or something? It's the only thing i can think of since the controller works in other games so that so the controller clearly works.
It also happens with the original DVD. The iso is not download from shady sources but ripped from the original DVD.
(03-17-2022, 03:15 PM)UnixRoot Wrote: It also happens with the original DVD. The iso is not download from shady sources but ripped from the original DVD.

So that shouldn't be an issue then. Is the controller plugged in to the pc via a cord or bluetooth? I had an issue a while back when i first started emulating, i have a first gen Xbox one controller so i had to connect it with one of those wireless adapters and Pcsx2 wouldn't recognize the controller at all so i had to plug it in via micro usb first and then it wanted to work with the adapter.

And for the wheel to work i think you need to download a mod or something for that.
(03-17-2022, 04:31 PM)Zkybi Wrote: So that shouldn't be an issue then. Is the controller plugged in to the pc via a cord or bluetooth? I had an issue a while back when i first started emulating, i have a first gen Xbox one controller so i had to connect it with one of those wireless adapters and Pcsx2 wouldn't recognize the controller at all so i had to plug it in via micro usb first and then it wanted to work with the adapter.

And for the wheel to work i think you need to download a mod or something for that.

I'm using a wireless Xbox 360 controller for windows. As I wrote before, it's recognized by the emulator and works in every other game. The game doesn't register any button presses, no matter from which device. Even keyboard keys aren't registered.

Oh and my wheel is working fine with the built-in USB plugin. It even calibrates itself when booting up GT3. But as with any other controller, the buttons don't work in GT3.

I'm driving Gran Turismo 4 with full 900 degree steering, force feedback and working buttons without any problems.
(03-17-2022, 05:14 PM)UnixRoot Wrote: I'm using a wireless Xbox 360 controller for windows. As I wrote before, it's recognized by the emulator and works in every other game. The game doesn't register any button presses, no matter from which device. Even keyboard keys aren't registered.

Oh and my wheel is working fine with the built-in USB plugin. It even calibrates itself when booting up GT3. But as with any other controller, the buttons don't work in GT3.

I'm driving Gran Turismo 4 with full 900 degree steering, force feedback and working buttons without any problems.

You said prevously that the controller didn't work with the disc aswell? Does it work like it should on your real ps2? There seems to be an issue with the part in the iso that registers button presses or something, i don't know nearly enough about emulation to help with this, i only have some ideas that could maybe help.
(03-18-2022, 06:00 PM)Zkybi Wrote: You said prevously that the controller didn't work with the disc aswell? Does it work like it should on your real ps2? There seems to be an issue with the part in the iso that registers button presses or something, i don't know nearly enough about emulation to help with this, i only have some ideas that could maybe help.

Yes, the original DVD works fine on my real PS2. Even loading my ISO from HDD works on the real PS2. 

Back to the problem. The strange thing is, all the analog axis are registered, it's only the buttons that don't work. So the emulator and the game are seeing the controller. I can move through the menu items, but can't enter them.
(03-18-2022, 06:18 PM)UnixRoot Wrote: Yes, the original DVD works fine on my real PS2. Even loading my ISO from HDD works on the real PS2. 

Back to the problem. The strange thing is, all the analog axis are registered, it's only the buttons that don't work. So the emulator and the game are seeing the controller. I can move through the menu items, but can't enter them.

Ok so the game atleast registers the controller so thats good, but i really don't know why the buttons won't work, this is very bizzare.

Have you tried going in to the controlls while the game is running? I dunno it might do som crazy stuff with the mappings when you launch the game or something.
(03-18-2022, 07:50 PM)Zkybi Wrote: Ok so the game atleast registers the controller so thats good, but i really don't know why the buttons won't work, this is very bizzare.

Have you tried going in to the controlls while the game is running? I dunno it might do som crazy stuff with the mappings when you launch the game or something.

I've tried it all. Nothing helps. That's the only game with problems like this.
(03-18-2022, 09:13 PM)UnixRoot Wrote: I've tried it all. Nothing helps. That's the only game with problems like this.

I know how this crap feels, Ive been trying for 2 months to get GT4 running nicely but it just won't, but i feel your issue is even worse since you cant even play your game.

Turning on vsync as you suggested helped out a bit so thanks for that by the way (:

Also what version of pcsx2 are you using? im using 1.6.0 and the game works fine, i'm gonna launch my own copy of GT3 and look at my own textlog and compare it to yours and see if anything looks weird or something.