Gran Turismo 4 ¿fastest configuration?
Well the title pretty much explains itself so here are my PC specs:

-Intel core 2 quad Q6600 @2.4Ghz
-Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 512
-8Gb RAM
-Asus P5Q PRO Turbo
-Win7 Ultimate x64

I have already got rid of the garbage by setting brightness to 0, and tryed changing some settings by myself following the guide but had no luck, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

EDIT:

OK, so i found a configuration wich allowed me to run it at 45-50fps, but its still riddiculously slow, heres what i did:

With Gsdx SSSE3: set it to D3D9 Hardware, i leave interlacing at none and set it in game with F5, D3D internal res is set to 640x480 1x scaling, texture filtering is OFF, ticked the other 3.

EE/IOP: clamping to none
VUs: clamping to none
SPEEDHACKS: -EE Cyclerate=3 -VU Cyclerate=3, other hacks 2 first only, microVUhacks first one only.

And SPU2 interpolation to nearest

EDIT2:

ok so i kept tweaking stuff with no luck, tho i missed something in the last edit, Runing percentages are as follow: EE: 95-100% GS: 50-60% UI:0-5%, wich brings up a question.. whats UI? lol

ill wait for any answer, and thanks in advance again

Sponsored links

You should use d3d10 a if u wanna fastest config, Native resolution, and if u have NTSC you have to switch ingame in GT4 settings to Progressive 480p. UI = i guess User Interface?
GPU limited. You have a quad, yet the pcsx2 windows say 90-100%. That's is proof that you're gpu limited. Also, you can try some overclocking, 2.4Ghz is not enough for most or some games. At least 3Ghz if you want to have any fighting chance! Tongue
Hey you both!, well thanks for your answers, but i think i found the best config possible for my system, the game runs (at least it seems to) perfectly aside from the interlacing wich doesnt work very well making everything too blurry or too shaky, anyways heres the config i used, keep in mind i only used it for 1 lap at nordscheleife (or however it is spelled im in a hurry lol): (what i dont metion is default)

GS plugin: GSdx 3693 SSSE3:
-D3D10 Hardware
-Interlacing: NONE (i change it inside)
-D3D upscaling:native (but i think my GPU could handle a better internal res)
-Allow 8 bit textures is ticked

SPU2 plugin: SPU2-X r3702m 1.4.0: dissable effects processing ticked

EE/IOP: Clamping to none
VUs: clamping to none
GS window: always hide mouse & default to FS mode (as if it matters...)
Speedhacks: -other (first 2) -microVU (first 2) VU cycle stealing (third line from left to right or third option)

-At the MAIN MENU of the game go to options/ graphics and set it to 480, then to (i dont remember) and set brightness to 0.

I WILL EDIT THIS LATER FOR SOME ORDER BUT IF YOU UNDERSTAND YOU SHOULD REALLY TRY IT THE GAME RUNS SMOOTHLY EXCEPT FOR THE INTERLACING & SOME TIME STRECHING ON THE SOUND WICH CANT ACTUALLY BE NOTICED IN THE VIDEO

EDIT:

Mehh.. i rushed into conclusions this config only seems to work for arcade mode, GT mode has several minor glitches and the emulator stucks when attempting to enter a license test, any way arround this?

as always any and every help you can provide is very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

And now my question, is there big performance difference between d3d9 and d3d10 mode?(I got similiar card 8800gt) I am asking so if have to install win 7, or OC or buy new CPU.
TBH fruit i can't tell, tho there probably is, but seeing as i changed so many configs its hard to decide if D3D10 had anything to do with it, but i would advise you to switch to win7 if youve got a decent system, in my case for instance i was an XP lover i just had it all figured out and knew the OS very well and when i changed to win7 i had to struggle a LOT finding my way arround simple stuff (most of it was network related tho), aside from that you can take advantage of D3D10 games despite this Vcards dont handle it properly they do a fair job, ON THE OTHER SIDE and to keep this thread related ANY IDEAS TO SOLVE THE LICENSE THING?, as always thanks in advance.
(03-10-2011, 12:36 PM)fruit Wrote: And now my question, is there big performance difference between d3d9 and d3d10 mode?

Depends on the game, but generally D3D10 is faster and for GT4 is ~8% faster on my card.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Hey guys, no ideas yet? i tryed the other GS plugin following another thread but it just crashes for me...

still waiting for any help...
I never ran this game but the 95-100% at EE after all those hacks indicates it is too much CPU intensive (as expected from any simulator).

I fear you achieved the point where only raw hardware power increase can help things. Your GPU is fine for almost every game out there but the CPU is weak for PCSX2 in general and some PS2 games in particular.

Since it's a game where speed and adrenalin is "the point", will be a pain to play it under the current hardware. I fear you hit a physical barrier with this game that no tweak can break to the point of giving worthwhile gaming experience.
Imagination is where we are truly real
If speedhacks didn't give you boosted fps then you are screwed. We've already answered your question and yet you still continue to ask for help?