Gran Turismo 4
(07-05-2012, 10:12 AM)refraction Wrote: That's probably a repercussion of the interlacing and deinterlacing techniques, there isnt really a lot you can do about that (however i havent noticed the spinning car one).

The other possible cause for the replays being blurry is the post processing to simulate "heat" on the road in the sunny weather, which you cant really solve per-se, but software mode "might" handle it better, at the cost of not using a higher resolution.

I decided to investigate more about the blurry replay cameras.
It happens even on snowy or night tracks.
If I start the race and the cars are approaching the start, the cameras are fine. Only when I watch the replay or in B-spec mode then some or all the cameras are blurry.. Track like Laguna doesn't have any blury replay cameras...
I call it blur but infact it can be that from 480p option or high res, the camera shows low res or native mode. I don't think it's because of track's heat simulation. Maybe it has something to do with 480p ingame option... which is causing the problem.. Just guessing..

Sponsored links

Hi, I seem to be getting problem with gt4 also can load the game ok and purchase cars however, if i try to go to race it starts to go really juddery and never fully loads.

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 3072MB RAM

card : ATI radeon HD 4850

Configured it according to the post, is perhaps my computer just to slow?
GT4 is a highly demanding game, you won't expect solid game play with a 2.4 GHz processor...

Why don't give latest SVN a try and enable speed hacks including MTVU? Rolleyes

http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
(07-16-2012, 11:09 PM)zolacat999 Wrote: Hi, I seem to be getting problem with gt4 also can load the game ok and purchase cars however, if i try to go to race it starts to go really juddery and never fully loads.

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 3072MB RAM

card : ATI radeon HD 4850

Configured it according to the post, is perhaps my computer just to slow?

if my memory didn't cheat me that CPU is known for its ability to OC for high clocks (above 3 GHz and so )

are you into OCing ?
Can't say i have any experiance of overclocking but i'll perhaps have to have a look into it. Guess i was just kinda of surprised as im sure alot of people are quite how demanding it is on the system was expecting it to be able to run easily Blush

I did try to run it with the svn one and with the speed hack on and its a mild improvement but still only 30 fps so very juddery. So I take it that my main problem is just my cpu not my graphics card?

(07-17-2012, 10:35 AM)abdo123 Wrote: if my memory didn't cheat me that CPU is known for its ability to OC for high clocks (above 3 GHz and so )

are you into OCing ?
I have an intel i7 920 runing at 2.66 Ghz and 2.8 ghz with Turbo option..
Game is running good at 60 fps, unless it's night or headlights on then it slows down to 45-60fps..

I tested with a mild overclock to 3.2Ghz and didn't notice much improvement in fps.. As it is summer and air temps are high, I'm totally against overclocking. If it was winter I would consider it but at the moment I'm against it, even if I have an aftermarket CPU air cooler..

Zolacat, try different settings and take time to experiment..
or you can try my settings (Leave all default or off, except the ones I mentioned):
You'll have to enable 480p in the game's options every time you start the NTSC GT4 game for better resolution.. if you enable 480p then game gets dark, use Nvidia control panel or ATI tools for brightness, contrast,gamma and color vibrance.. If you change it in the game itself, you wont be able to play with the 480p

PCSX2 version - SVN 5326

Video Plugin Settings
---------------------
Render: Direct3d11 (hardware)
Interlacing: Blend bff
Custom resolution: 1920 by 1450
Texture filtering: V
Allow 8 bit textures: V

Video Core GS Settings
---------------------
Speedhacks:
MVU,MTVU, INTC, Loop detection - all on

GS Window:
aspect ratio: (16:9)
Zoom: 100.3 - (eliminates the border lines that are there whn you play)
Wait for Vsync - on

VUs:
Clamping mode: extra+preserve sign

Audio Plugin settings
----------------------------
Interpolation: 1-linear
Disable effects processing - V

* I spent many hours of testing different variations and these work the best for me. It may not be the best for you but worth a try..
Thanks for the reply,

Tried your settings and i did get a slight increase in fps but only slight been playing around with the different settings for a while and i got some improvement but again its just not really close enough the game is still just running at half speed, i think my computer just lacks the power to run it properly.
The Gran Turismo games are really hard to get working flawlessly unless you have ace hardware.
That's funny, I can play GT4 full speed most of the time with just 2.4ghz. The only time I ever go under is when my GPU limits me (usually nighttime or dirt tracks). If I disable framelimiter I'll almost never see EE each 100% although oddly enough my GPU load isn't 100% either, and there's no diff between native/2x res.

Maybe it's the newest Nvidia drivers? I guess you could try some older ones, but don't take my word for it, I rarely play this game Smile

Edit: BTW on the topic of Gran Turismo was there ever a fix for dust effects going through the car (in HW mode)? I can't seem to find so much as a mention of the problem, just performance issues.
First GT3 now GT4 has completely locked up my whole PC upon getting on the track. Not sure but could having my nvidia GTX 680 4GB card too overclocked to like 1288Mhz be causing this?