Gran Turismo 4 BGM Editing (ADS & ADM)
Music 
Hi guys, I'm new here and I hope this is the right place to post this.

I am on a quest to change the BGM for GT4. I have successfully done it for GT3; however, I am stuck with the fact there are .adm files in the bgm\us\ folder inside gt4.vol. I got the new songs converted to .ads, and also edited the ads.inf file containing the BGM library info. However, I tried to utilized GT4FS to extract the gt4.vol and repack it, then utilized UltraISO to select my game .iso, replace the gt4.vol, and regenerate a new .iso file for the game. But, after repacking the .iso together, the game hangs on a black screen after the initial credits proceeding the BIOS. I've attempted to look up what the .adm files could be, and all I get is "ADS Markers". I am wondering if anyone knows what these .adm files could be? I'm not sure if not editing them is what's causing my game to break, or if there is something else that could potentially be the problem.

I guess, I am also wondering if anyone has any experience with changing BGM for GT4 (or even GT3)? I have been countlessly searching the web, and cannot find anything that draws me close to a tutorial on what to do. All I have found are this video explaining the gt4.vol extraction and recompression, and another site which helped me with GT3 BGM and led me to get it to work there. I have very little idea of what GT4 needs the BGM to be, other than 44100 hz refresh rate and be an .ads file.

Sponsored links

It looks like a volume rebuilding error. Game does load a data from the second layer after the license screen. But the PS2DVD-DL format is different, as each layer has got its own ISO9660 file system (you will not see any data from the second layer in the Windows Explorer). I have never modified any dual layer ISO myself, but here is a link for the GT specific tutorials related to modding:
https://nenkai.github.io/gt-modding-hub/...ayered-iso
I completely forgot GT4 is a dual-layer disc. I'll have to take a look into the link you provided and try to see if I can crack it. Thank you greatly for the insight. Smile

UPDATE: I tried GT4 Online Beta, (which I believe is a single-layered disc), and still received a black screen after initial game credits. So, I'm not sure what could be causing the issue.

Log attached...

Attached Files
.txt   PCSX2log.txt (Size: 8,96 KB / Downloads: 22)